Battery life on CM7. Let's hear it...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There a lot of us out here that are addicted to ROMS! Next stop a 12 step program.

MIUI4DX

I just flashed a rom at work because I got bored for a few minutes. Back on topic though, while calibrating my battery after switching back to apex, it took me over 10 hours to drain the battery on purpose. Everything on, screen at 100%, downloading stuff on 3g, everything. On cm7, I might have gotten that long while being very judicious with my settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yeah, battery life sucks. But I can't go back.

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
First day on the new battery. Made it 10 hours with me trying to purposely kill it when it hit 30%. Its at 4% right now and wont die. I am trying to calibrate it, though.

CM74DX

clouse2013

Reaction score
First day on the new battery. Made it 10 hours with me trying to purposely kill it when it hit 30%. Its at 4% right now and wont die. I am trying to calibrate it, though.

CM74DX

did you get the verizon one or the gorilla gadgets one?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
its still like 3500mah or something like that? if it is it helps a ton. ive been using it for a few weeks.

Yeah it's 3500. I have been on 1% for almost 30 minutes, even when I kept trying to kill the battery with every way I know how. So I must have a ton of battery left and my meter isn't reading it right.

How long does your battery usually last?

CM74DX

clouse2013

Reaction score
I get 12 or so. But I'm on my phone a lot. And this new nightly has the fix for when the phone sleeps so hopefully it will be a little bit better.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get 12 or so. But I'm on my phone a lot. And this new nightly has the fix for when the phone sleeps so hopefully it will be a little bit better.

So does your phone battery gauge show that your battery drains as fast as stock, and then when it gets to 1% it stays on 1% til it dies? Or is my phone retarded?

CM74DX

clouse2013

Reaction score
Not sure. Try rebooting into recovery, go to advanced, and wipe the battery stats. That might help your phone report the amount of battery left a little better.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Try rebooting into recovery, go to advanced, and wipe the battery stats. That might help your phone report the amount of battery left a little better.

Yeah I'll try that again...

CM74DX

gregg0829

Reaction score

CM74DX

Wow that is fantastic I think I need one!

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try using the battery calibration app. I heard something about wiping stats not working (in cw). It's worth a shot!

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try using the battery calibration app. I heard something about wiping stats not working (in cw). It's worth a shot!

CM74D2

Yeah, I tried both. I heard something about Motorola phones not being able to correctly read a battery this big.

My phone also is saying my battery is at 100% when its at 3.9 v. I have to keep it on the charger until it hits 4250, then its fully charged.

I hit 13 hours and the battery was still going strong. I just decided to charge it because I knew it would take alot longer.

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird. At least you know the battery is good. It's just the stats file that seems to be corrupt. Annoying indeed.

CM74D2