Battery usage stats causes force close error

msdfr

Reaction score
When I try to check my battery usage stats through Settings, I get an error message to force close Settings that references process com.android.settings. I have tried turning the phone off/on with no luck. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I try to check my battery usage stats through Settings, I get an error message to force close Settings that references process com.android.settings. I have tried turning the phone off/on with no luck. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

It's very rare that I say this, but try pulling the battery for a full 30 seconds.

Also if you have any antivirus or task killers, get rid of them.

OP
M

msdfr

Reaction score
Thanks, I gave that a try, but it still force closes on me both if I go the long way through Settings or try a shortcut for it.

No task killers or antivirus on the phone, learned that on these boards. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I gave that a try, but it still force closes on me both if I go the long way through Settings or try a shortcut for it.

No task killers or antivirus on the phone, learned that on these boards. :)

Battery pulls rarely work on Droids. That's why it's rare for me to recommend one.

In my mind then you only have one other choice: Factory Data Reset out of your privacy section. Something is causing that force close, and a Factory Data Reset should get rid of it. If it doesn't, exercise your warranty. Call Verizon, they will overnight you another phone.

OP
M

msdfr

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Since this is a known bug, I'll hold off for now on doing anything about it until they push out the next update to see if that fixes it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score