battery

fic1

Reaction score
I am in battery manager, It shows phone idle using 38% and cell standby 29% what is this and can I stop it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in battery manager, It shows phone idle using 38% and cell standby 29% what is this and can I stop it.

Well, not a heck of a lot. Your phone is turned on and not in use it's going to be in standby mode. How else is it going to get calls, ims, emails, texts, etc.

I really should have a macro but I'll give you the short version of my speech: Smart phones eat battery. Not a heck of a lot you can do about it. You may stretch it out a couple of hours or so by lowering your display, turning off gps, bluetooth. But your best bet is just face the fact that it's going to use battery, spend a few dollars for a replacement battery (8.00 on amazon) get a wall charger (5.00 on ebay) and maybe get another charger and a cradle for it to sit in when not in use on your desk. Use it in the car a lot, then get a car charger.

Doing that will bring you much joy and happiness because you won't be worrying about the battery all the time.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That means you are not using the phone much, its sitting idle mostly.to change those numbers use it more often and Android system, wifi, etc will move up in order.
If the phone is on all day and is only used a few minutes the idle times win.if, like me, the phone is on all day and used for 9 + hours the idle and standby will drop considerably but in the end your battery will still be drained either way

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk