Best app to sync droid bookmarks to firefox?

Laramie

Reaction score
Title says it all. Only thing I found in the market syncs to google chrome and I use firefox.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

deputc26

Reaction score
Good question, I don't know but wonder the same thing for chrome (haven't looked at all so don't flame me if it's native).

dkscudder

Reaction score
My understanding is that syncing with Firefox bookmarks is difficult because you can have sub-sub-sub-sub folders, but Android's browser doesn't have nesting like that.

My solution has been to use Xmarks on Firefox (an extension that every Firefox user should install IMHO) and then create a bookmark to the mobile "My Bookmarks" section on the Xmarks site. It isn't a perfect solution, but it is workable for me.

I would love to see an ambitious developer write an app to do this. I'd like to say that I would pay money for it, but I probably wouldn't because I'm cheap and poor. I'm pretty sure other people would, however. Maybe there could be an ad-supported version :)

If you find a more elegant solution, I'd love to here it.

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score
My understanding is that syncing with Firefox bookmarks is difficult because you can have sub-sub-sub-sub folders, but Android's browser doesn't have nesting like that.

My solution has been to use Xmarks on Firefox (an extension that every Firefox user should install IMHO) and then create a bookmark to the mobile "My Bookmarks" section on the Xmarks site. It isn't a perfect solution, but it is workable for me.

+1 on this, I do the exact same thing. It works really well, except if you feel like adding a bookmark from your phone. I really love Xmarks, keeps my bookmarks synced across 5 computers, plus the web interface that you can use as the shortcut on your phone or access remotely as well. Great app, partial solution.

I tried a couple of syncing apps from the market, but because of the sub-folders I use, it did nothing but make a huge mess on my phone. Avoid them unless organization isn't important to you.