best car dock?

Laramie

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the windshield suction cup mount method. Thoughts?

It will be used primarily for keeping my Droid accessible and some occasional navigation use.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As usual, define "best". I highly recommend ProClip's device mounts but they're not cheap, you need a vehicle mount and they're not really docks (if you're looking for something with a magnet). ProClip makes vehicles mounts but I generally prefer Panavise's.

Have you read any of the existing threads?

ShowTime

Reaction score
What do you not like about the suction cup mounts? I have the stock Motorola car dock and the suction cup has held fine since I put it up (moved it once and it left no mark, but has now been in the same spot, rock-solid for 3 weeks). 100% happy with it.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I have the seidio innotraveler inbound but i will probably mount it on a proclip or a panavise. the seidio is apms pattern compatible.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I want a car dock too... My job requires a good bit of travel, but I'm afraid of hanging my Droid from the windsield.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
As usual, define "best". I highly recommend ProClip's device mounts but they're not cheap, you need a vehicle mount and they're not really docks (if you're looking for something with a magnet). ProClip makes vehicles mounts but I generally prefer Panavise's.

Have you read any of the existing threads?

Those ProClip look great. Only thing holding me back is the $65 price tag. I will check out the panavise as well.

What do you not like about the suction cup mounts? I have the stock Motorola car dock and the suction cup has held fine since I put it up (moved it once and it left no mark, but has now been in the same spot, rock-solid for 3 weeks). 100% happy with it.

I've used suction cup mounts for an old iphone and my gps and they NEVER stay stuck to the windshield. I've used them in different spot, wet, dry, etc, and still no go.

Good to know on the Moto car one. This one and the Amzer are what i"m looking at.

I have the seidio innotraveler inbound but i will probably mount it on a proclip or a panavise. the seidio is apms pattern compatible.

Nice, I will look at the panavise.

I want a car dock too... My job requires a good bit of travel, but I'm afraid of hanging my Droid from the windsield.

My feelings exactly.

R1Lover

Reaction score
The best one is an $8.00 magnet mount... you stick a small flat piece of metal on your phone back and the magnet part sicks on your car wherever you stick it.... and when mounted it activates car mode as well. No big funky mounts on the car or the phone.

stevo95

Reaction score

+1. Used it quite a bit with no issues.

skidemn

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the windshield suction cup mount method. Thoughts?

It will be used primarily for keeping my Droid accessible and some occasional navigation use.

We have several types based on your needs. Here's a vehicle specific option to review:
InDash Custom Mount with Gripper Holder - GR2531/1642/InDash by:

Here's a window mounts style:
Gripper Holder w/Adjustable Window Mount by: iGrip - iPodCarParts.com:

Here's a cigarette lighter mount style:
Gripper Holder w/Lighter Mount - GR25311599 by: iGrip -

Here's a vent mount style:
Gripper Holder w/Vent Mount - GR25311582 by: iGrip - iPodCarParts.com:

Here's a cupholder mount:
Cup-iT Universal Cup Holder Mount - UCH101BL by: Bracketron -

If you like any of these options, PM me and I'll send you a code forum members can use to get 10% off.

Snagtooth

Reaction score
+1 for Proclip combined with Seidio car kit. See my post for pics of it installed. Expensive but worth it to me, realize opinions are subjective.