Best HTC phones on any carrier

cp24eva

Reaction score
So, I've been milling around the internet trying to see what the big buzz phone from HTC is on any given carrier. I barely hear any word of the Rezound. I hear Desire, titan, vivid, evo, sensation, sensation Xe. Am i or are we missing something here? I know there are a many folks on the Rezound forums like myself that loves their Rezound, but I don't hear much praise from critics. Is it that this phone is the least favored phone on Verizon for no good reason? Or is it that other carriers boast more HTC love than verizon does? Or is it something else more/less obvious?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's because of the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR launches surrounding(literally) the Rezound launch. There's 1 commercial for the Rezound, 900 for the RAZR(MAXX) and web ads all over for the Galaxy Nexus...you tell me why nobody talks about it.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Good point there, which also worries me a bit as to will HTC support this phone like they said/should? Only time will tell. i don't get into a huge "my phone has better this and that." with people, but sometimes I wonder if I am missing something. Then I kinda tell myself that it's the other folks that are missing something.

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
I had an HTC rezound. Absolutely loved the phone. The battery was a little bit better than the thunderbolt but my audio quality was horrible on Bluetooth and handset mode. I could hear the people fine but I use to get complaints about being distorted. If I was in a loud environment no 1 can understand me at all on my bluetooth. It was very frustrating. I swapped out the phone and it did not help. I returned it and went to the razor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

hoboX10

Reaction score
I would have to say the Rezound is the most underrated phone available, and to be honest it is one of the top 3 best phones available to anyone at the moment. It's #1 on my list, but I can see why a few might prefer someone over it, but it should be in the top 3 for everyone that stays on top of technology.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
It's because of the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR launches surrounding(literally) the Rezound launch. There's 1 commercial for the Rezound, 900 for the RAZR(MAXX) and web ads all over for the Galaxy Nexus...you tell me why nobody talks about it.
Yeah, the rezound is the Red Headed stepchild of the current tier1 phones on Verizon. Its just bad timing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer it that way. I was in Verizon when Verizon was the carrier that wasn't cool to be on and when others couldn't make a call because their network sucks, they'd ask to borrow my phone. That was justice in my mind for all the nose holding when I said I was in Verizon when asked.
I asked some Nexus and iPhone owners the other day if they preferred lte with voice over lte/cdma and they couldn't answer because lte with voice wasn't an option for them. It keeps me from bouncing to 3g in low reception areas and doesn't kill my battery any faster. Again, justice for the nose holding when I chose the Rezound over any others and they asked what I got.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't affect support for the phone (which my guess is it wont), I don't care to much that I have a a phone most people haven't heard of. I had the bionic, and even though mine worked fine, I traded it for the rezound because everyone else was having so many problems and I worried it would affect my phone eventually. That and the rezound is a WAY better phone spec wise, and having the best camera sold me.

My choice came down to this :

Gnex: felt really cheap, and I don't care that much about being first to have ice cream sandwich. Plus, I didn't want to deal with app compatibility issues, which I've had to deal with a lot with my honeycomb 7" iconic tab. (though it's still a small issue with rezound because of screen).

Razr: just too Damn wide for me personally. The rezound is even thinner than my old droid x, and the Razr is significantly wider than the X. The nonremovable battery was also a concern.

Just my humble opinion of course :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't affect support for the phone (which my guess is it wont), I don't care to much that I have a a phone most people haven't heard of. I had the bionic, and even though mine worked fine, I traded it for the rezound because everyone else was having so many problems and I worried it would affect my phone eventually. That and the rezound is a WAY better phone spec wise, and having the best camera sold me.

My choice came down to this :

Gnex: felt really cheap, and I don't care that much about being first to have ice cream sandwich. Plus, I didn't want to deal with app compatibility issues, which I've had to deal with a lot with my honeycomb 7" iconic tab. (though it's still a small issue with rezound because of screen).

Razr: just too Damn wide for me personally. The rezound is even thinner than my old droid x, and the Razr is significantly wider than the X. The nonremovable battery was also a concern.

Just my humble opinion of course :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

seems like you love your rezound as much as I do. only thing I wish for was a slim extended battery. then I would have a gripe at all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

acousticshade

Reaction score
seems like you love your rezound as much as I do. only thing I wish for was a slim extended battery. then I would have a gripe at all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Yup. A 1900 or 2000 Mah slim battery and ICS and there is no significant reason to buy the Nexus, other than a bigger development community. And the RMAX has an awesome battery, but the Rezound has a better screen and camera.

HTC and/or Verizon just never pushed the Rezound unfortunately. In fact, when I told the Verizon rep I was leaning toward the Rezound and that I was a musician, he asked me why I wasn't considering the I-Phone. Lol, when garage band came out, everyone hailed it as this great piece of software, even though there were several more powerful recording/loops programs that came out months or years before it.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Maybe because the Rezound is so good, they don't need to spend the money on all the Hollywood production promos, which, by the way, look expensive as hell. I just saw one for the Razr and though it migh've been a Spielberg production. I love my Rez and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands :hail:

acousticshade

Reaction score
Unfortunately advertising really sells because most people are too lazy to do real comparizons between phones. I wonder how many people bought a Razr because, hey it looks awesome & it's the thinnest & the commercial said it's the 'best' phone. Of course many of the Verizon reps won't offer a differing opinion because Motorola is giving them tons of advertising dollars. Not that the Razr's a bad phone, just that there are better options depending on what people are looking for.