[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

King Wataba

Reaction score
So from what I understand I won't be able to switch back and forth between this and liberty v.08 quickly because it's on a different kernel correct?

Sent from my liberated GB DROIDX

rynosaur

Reaction score
That's the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen about Cyanogenmod. Even if your subjective opinion were true, why would you flash something from a developer who you could not trust to determine what should be called a 'stable build' or 'RC'?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ColinZack

Reaction score
Once this has some of the bugs worked out I think I might give it a try. Currently on liberty now

Rezael

Reaction score
Is this mod on gingerbread or froyo?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

idol

Reaction score
Can anyone post a screenshot? I would like to see how it looks before I try and flash it.

dshoe

Reaction score
How do I get the notification bar on the bottom? I looked through the settings but cant find it.

edit
nvm its under tablet tweaks

Rezael

Reaction score
Is this rom based on gingerbread or froyo

squeak

Reaction score
Can this be flashed from the 2.2 leak. Its kernel version is 2.6.32.9. I never sbf'd to the ota 2.2.

jonlutz217

Reaction score
will this cm7 come with theme chooser?? easily switching between themes is what really interest me about this rom

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Yes it does actually. it has 3 stock themes u can pick from but im sure u can get more

aayoo

Reaction score
Btw, fast burst lite camera from the market works with this build. I also wonder if its just the blur camera that currently freezes, i have the aosp camera .apk on my sd card, going to see what happens.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
So this is for anyone who has doubts about switching to CM7. For one, this is probably the single most saught after ROM the droid community has ever known, so the fact that its HERE on the DX is incredible.
Secondly, dont let the term BETA deter you. Though the devs say its buggy, they would not have released it unless many of the core functions were stable, which most of them are. Your usual text, call, data is all there. And hey even if some things dont work, the amount of customization you can get with the rom is insane and will be enough to hold you over until the other kinks are worked out.
On the topic of customizations, this rom has it all. It has far more customizability than liberty does because CM is a full out build of the android OS. Not bad mouthing liberty at all, its still a fantastic rom and one that i hold in high regard for being so stable and accessable. But its more so for the average user and for sure was the best option for DX users on GB. But the amount of customization here is fantastic. There are Core features of the phone that can only modded with CM. Its insane the amount of choices you get.
Next, for those who have had CM in the past on other phones, the stuff here is the same. Ive had CM on one of my old phones and everything here is the same as it was then, so setting up everything was a breeze. The look is the same, the snappiness and response is the same, everything. what is to be said about battery life remains to be seen. I let my phone die after i flashed and charged it to full. So we shall see if it stands that test of time. Oh and one more thing.. I HAVE A SILENT MODE NOW!! finally i can put my phone on SILENT and not just vibrate. Fantastic!

In short, if you are even thinking about going and trying CM, do it. It will be well worth your time and effort. I havent gotten the tbh all in one to work at all, obviously theres an issue with the install there, but i did sbf back and the flash was flawless and went off without a hitch. To see the CM boot animation show up upon start up was a sigh of relief and a revelation in my head that said "its here. Its finally here". Take the leap into the awesome world that is CM7, and hey if worst come to worst, you can go back to liberty. Ya you'll need to do a few things but shouldnt be much work.

A few things i AM finding that id like fixed, is to get the keyboard a tad bigger, its really hard typing on a shrunken keyboard. Secondly, i would love the vibrate on type to be less violent, more like the GB one where its a very mild pleseant vibration that just feels satisfying. Other than that... more themes maybe? Idk the ROM is amazing. Hopefully my feedback of the rom will get people to try it. It really is worth it.

belanova

Reaction score
I can sbf to froyo if I don't like it?

CP6608

Reaction score
I flashed cm7 today and can say that it is much more responsive than liberty 2.01. There are a few quirks like the pulldown bar says T CDMA something and I want to change that but otherwise it is fantastic. Also I recommend downloading the new swype beta. Any clues how to change the pulldown bar?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App