Beware of Verizon... not waiting to start new retail sales

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So @droidprincess called our Verizon store to find out if they had stock for the recall. They did, but said they were not holding any because they were to be treated as regular inventory.

So, basically Verizon is selling new Note 7s as of today, not the 28th or October 21 as had been reported and stated by Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Grrr....just grrr!!!

ngt

Reaction score
Find out when they get their shipments and take the day off.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Anyone?

35792958a5cda6c922f22736e6c4b49c.jpg

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Looks like Verizon doesn't even know

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Having just gotten off the phone with Verizon and being told that they don't have a priority in place yet to replace the phones in advance of selling them to new consumers. I indicated that this was not acceptable, and may put additional people at risk. I also indicated that in all likelihood the consumer product safety commission would have a position contrary to that as well. I intend to reach out to the consumer product safety commission tomorrow and determine what their position regarding the recall is.

I then proceeded to call Samsung directly. The number to reach Samsung is 800-726-7864. That is their technical support department. They have informed me that in fact they are receiving complaints from consumers that the retail establishments and carriers, not just Verizon, and in both corporate stores and "Authorized Retailers" - Verizon branded, as well as consumer electronics retailers such Best Buys and others are "pushing back" on the replacement of these phones and using the new stock as sales merchandise rather than replacement merchandise.

Samsung is taking the position that is not what they required or requested of these retail establishments. Samsung has said that they put the existing Samsung owners ahead of any new sales and that any customer who has a phone that needs to be replaced, if they are receiving push back from a retail establishment or Carrier should call the number above and inform them that they are suffering this push back. This department then we'll coordinate with the carrier or retailer and inform them of Samsung's position and orchestrate the replacement of these phones.

As of now, on the consumer product safety commission website regarding the recall, there is no specific verbiage indicating that replacement should take precedence over sales, however that does not mean that it is not in the full Recall release. What is on the website is a capsulized version. I will find out the full recall verbiage from the consumer product safety commission tomorrow.

CPSC.gov - Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Man if I knew they had them today I'd of gone. But I'm going probably Thursday now. Have to go check trail cams tomorrow. Who knows maybe the replacements will have a bigger issue.

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Having just gotten off the phone with Verizon and being told that they don't have a priority in place yet to replace the phones in advance of selling them to new consumers. I indicated that this was not acceptable, and may put additional people at risk. I also indicated that in all likelihood the consumer product safety commission would have a position contrary to that as well. I intend to reach out to the consumer product safety commission tomorrow and determine what their position regarding the recall is.

I then proceeded to call Samsung directly. The number to reach Samsung is 800-726-7864. That is their technical support department. They have informed me that in fact they are receiving complaints from consumers that the retail establishments and carriers, not just Verizon, and in both corporate stores and "Authorized Retailers" - Verizon branded, as well as consumer electronics retailers such Best Buys and others are "pushing back" on the replacement of these phones and using the new stock as sales merchandise rather than replacement merchandise.

Samsung is taking the position that is not what they required or requested of these retail establishments. Samsung has said that they put the existing Samsung owners ahead of any new sales and that any customer who has a phone that needs to be replaced, if they are receiving push back from a retail establishment or Carrier should call the number above and inform them that they are suffering this push back. This department then we'll coordinate with the carrier or retailer and inform them of Samsung's position and orchestrate the replacement of these phones.

As of now, on the consumer product safety commission website regarding the recall, there is no specific verbiage indicating that replacement should take precedence over sales, however that does not mean that it is not in the full Recall release. What is on the website is a capsulized version. I will find out the full recall verbiage from the consumer product safety commission tomorrow.

CPSC.gov - Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Man @FoxKat is on the case!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also as I had suggested in a previous post Samsung informed me directly again today (as I had been informed previously by them and Verizon), they are recommending that you bring in all included accessories originally supplied with the phone for a complete replacement. This is to be a full exchange, existing recalled phones and accessories (her words exactly "headphones, charger and cable"), in exchange for new, sealed retail packages.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I ordered mine today but then the order got screwed up cause the guy did it wrong so now my account is all screwed up and they told me to wait 24-48 hrs before i can do anything. So if they have them at the stores tomorrow i cant even go get one

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I got a call this evening that they are holding my replacement for me to pick up tomorrow and that i will receive a 25 dollar bill credit.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I got a call this evening that they are holding my replacement for me to pick up tomorrow and that i will receive a 25 dollar bill credit.

They didn't insist you buy accessories instead?

Tapped from a Nexus 6