Bionic FM transmitter

brandar711

first off I have not rooted my phone so there is no way I got rid of the app. Not sure what the stock app is called because when I got my replacment Bionic the app who not pre installed on my bionic.

I am trying to find the stock app but no luck on the market...can anyone get me the .apk so I can just install it.

thanks for the help and support.

Dave12308

Silver Member
People are getting their terms mixed up.

It has an FM RECEIVER. An FM transmitter would be for beaming music from your Bionic to your car stereo.

What it doesn't have is a stock FM radio app to access the hardware. It almost seems like it was omitted accidently, but for whatever reason it is not there. You need to download the app that pigpen linked to.

pigpen

Yeah i was talkin' about a reciever, not a transmitter ... no beaming going on here. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ohh yeah!!! This is awsome. I was bummed when I didn't find any FM receiver software on the phone and assumed they didn't install the hardware. This should be a sticked link for the bionic!

xmguy

I use Spirit FM Radio (RECEIVING) app on my Bionic. Works really well. Full RDS, PTY and Radio Text. But yes the Bionic CANNOT "TRANSMIT" to other FM Radios. Sadly.