Bionic not communicating with pc, can't root or use rsd lite

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and it was the version of the drivers from moto i had. Check those as that finally fixed it.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
unfortunately, I have already downloaded a few different links to drivers, one of them being moto helper

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
my fix was a different version of rsd

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Well hopefully its the cord, I got one ordered should be here next week...

Icculus760

Reaction score
I was having issues with RSD not "finishing" the flash process & ultimately getting an "error 7" failure in Safestrap 2.11 whenever I tried to install a ROM. Phone didn't always "connect" to the PC when I plugged it in and some other communication issues b/t the phone and PC were happening.

After trying all sorts of fixes (drivers, adb commands, different USB ports, you name it I probably tried it) turns out my issue (and I hope yours which is why I'm writing this) was caused by me not using the "official" Bionic USB cable - I was unknowingly using a generic one.

Here's hoping your issues are caused by the same problem I figured out and, once you get the right cable, you'll be back to flashing without any errors in no time!!

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Well, new cable, still no root.

RSD lite recognized my bionic in ap fastboot, however. We're....getting there...?

Ugh, sometimes technology can be a pain in the backside

linuxgator

Reaction score
Well, new cable, still no root.

RSD lite recognized my bionic in ap fastboot, however. We're....getting there...?

Ugh, sometimes technology can be a pain in the backside

You're using the razrs edge root method, right? Motofail doesn't work with ice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Yup. I have some fine folks attempting to give me personal help, but we aren't getting far. My next option is to try a desktop but I don't have access to one right away

jgiannettict

Reaction score
try doing a factory reset I had this problem and could not root my bionic did a factory reset and fixed the problem of the bionic communicating with the pc.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
try doing a factory reset I had this problem and could not root my bionic did a factory reset and fixed the problem of the bionic communicating with the pc.
Dude! You are my hero! Got my bionic rooted after doing a factory reset. Many, many thanks jgiannettict!

Last edited: