Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

nitrap

Reaction score
I was trying to relocate two setting that I stumblied on and passed through during my initial setup and now can't find them again. The first was something along the lines of quiet time (turns notifications and data off during set times). Also there was a dialog that prompted something along the line of 'Always use wifi if available". Not that I want to set it but I was wondering where I would toggle that on/off. Thanks in advance (Coming from the droid 1 running CM7. Missing CM, but still exploring .

I think the "quiet time" may be only in Bedside Mode. When the phone is docked, you can specify that only phone calls and/or alarms and/or media will be audible, thus quieting all email, text, and other non-essential notifications. Haven't found a way to access Bedside Mode settings without having the phone in the dock. I guess Verizon doesn't want you to have those features unless you buy the dock.

wooddale

Reaction score
Any body having any trouble with phone loosing 3g signal then comming back on in a little while.

pbrewer81

Reaction score
Any body having any trouble with phone loosing 3g signal then comming back on in a little while.

Check that you are not in one of the battery saving modes found in settings->battery... There are three modes you can be in and two of them cut the data connection.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pbrewer81

Reaction score
I think the "quiet time" may be only in Bedside Mode. When the phone is docked, you can specify that only phone calls and/or alarms and/or media will be audible, thus quieting all email, text, and other non-essential notifocations. Haven't found a way to access Bedside Mode settings without having the phone in the dock. I guess Verizon doesn't want you to have those features unless you buy the dock.

Try settings->battery... there are three battery saving modes you can be in plus a custom one you can set up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
are u an android noon or noob? i could be wrong but i think u mistyped it here.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Lol@noon/noob......
Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tiffwatson7

Reaction score
I have a question. I used that zumocast app to get all my pictures, music, etc from my computer onto the phone. It worked and I get get all my stuff through the zumocast app, but how do I get that now to go into the music player and my photo library, bc it says I have nothing. I'm a little disappointed to begin with bc when the rep transferred everything over, none of my music or photo I took on my old phone transferred over. Which I thought was weird bc I have the old phone's SDcard in my bionic bc it's bigger =[

CurtCharlesPDX

Reaction score
Apps on SD card vanish

I've had my Bionic about a week. Overall I love it, but...

1) Battery life isn't quite what I expected; I'm on the battery life thread but proposed solutions are up there with "turn it off", so they are non-starters so far.

2) Installing apps on SD is greatly simplified from Froyo. However, about 70% of the apps that I've moved to SD appear to vanish and need to be re-installed. The same app installed on main memory is rock solid. This really isn't a problem due to the massive memory - I still have 3.4 GB of phone memory available, but it is a shame that the 8 GB of SD memory isn't really usable. I contacted Moto on this and they walked me through an app install and move to SD. A day or two later the app was "not found".

3) I've noticed that not all chargers are the same. Some can recharge the Bionic and some can't. The one supplied with the unit is good, but I've discarded 2 aftermarket chargers that just can't supply enough current to charge.

RayEMan

Reaction score
DB is Good

I've had the Bionic for about 24 hours. Will say it takes a LOT longer to charge, but after charging all night, I'm very happy with battery life. I did root and remove a lot of the bloatware, but other than that, I leave everything running (could never do that before). Seems way better than the OD (Old Droid - my old phone).

Played Gun Bros for a while, then watched half a movie from Netflix before DB (Droid Bionic) prompted me to plug it in. Gotta say, I love it so far. Bigger, but lighter, and oh so much faster than OD even with overclocked ROM (guess dual core 1GHz processor is definitely better than 1 600MHz processor). Hope you all are able to work though your issues and can enjoy the most powerful phone currently on the market (combining Network and Processor) as much as I am.
dancedroid

CurtCharlesPDX

Reaction score
Problem Found

It appears Bionic #1 was a lemon. Verizon swapped me with another and a) it's battery is doing much better, b) it doesn't get hot and c) apps installed on the SD are stable. Ahhhh...

asghar

Reaction score
Out of the box, did not like:
  • The fact that the charger cable is so short.
  • Wired stereo head phones not provided.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It appears Bionic #1 was a lemon. Verizon swapped me with another and a) it's battery is doing much better, b) it doesn't get hot and c) apps installed on the SD are stable. Ahhhh...

It always amazes me how long it takes to recognize that my device is bad. I always think that it's something I've done or some combo of software.
Good deal I hope it works out you, the Bionic is one of the phones I've been drooling over!

suzarajm

Reaction score
mine died...got the BSOD but I guess i got bad luck
replacement will come tomorrow

i've had mine for a month and i love it. pretty snappy phone although it died on me.
the only cons on this phone which i think are:
- back camera is slow
- battery life

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have a question. I used that zumocast app to get all my pictures, music, etc from my computer onto the phone. It worked and I get get all my stuff through the zumocast app, but how do I get that now to go into the music player and my photo library, bc it says I have nothing. I'm a little disappointed to begin with bc when the rep transferred everything over, none of my music or photo I took on my old phone transferred over. Which I thought was weird bc I have the old phone's SDcard in my bionic bc it's bigger =[

im a little confused at these transfers.
if you just swapped cards to the new phone they should be visable, if not, put it back in the old phone , xfer them to your puter then xfer them back to your new one... but after copying all files fromt that old card on the old phone, id put it in the new one and format the card on the new phone, depending on the old one, the file format will or can be different... unless im mistaken?
as far as the players not finding the music etc... my first impression is that the issue is with the card itself..., best bet is again , to back up the card on the computer, put it into the new bionic and then format it and start from fresh.
hope that helps.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
mine died...got the BSOD but I guess i got bad luck
replacement will come tomorrow

i've had mine for a month and i love it. pretty snappy phone although it died on me.
the only cons on this phone which i think are:
- back camera is slow
- battery life

those cons can be relieved by rooting and going with Th3oryRoms v1.7pbx rom... snappy, different camera (atrix, better but not the best yet :) ) and a ton of improvements, that team really is keeping up on their work too!
if not willing to bite the bullet and root, then trying to find a battery calibration tool that works unrooted would be the best bet for the battery... personally i have not had a battery issue with my device stock or rooted but notice a great improvement with the latest rom update and powerboost 2.0 which is cooked into the rom. Hope that helps.