Bionic Screen Sharpness and Responsiveness

archangel5884

Reaction score
Have any of you other Bionic owners out there noticed that the screen on your phone seem to be sharper, brighter, more responsive and clearer over that last couple days?? It seems like moto pushed out a background update that changed something....(I don't know how to tell if my screen rez changed, or if they upped the type of color output or what) but it looks amazing now!!! What say you guys?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I have noticed! But it might have something to do with me tearing off a cheap Verizon screen protector and replacing it with Zagg Invisible Shield........

OP
archangel5884

archangel5884

Reaction score
Yeah... But i haven't switched mine. Been using the same one since i got it. In talking to other bionic owners they have noticed it too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I've honestly always been happy with the screen. I think the ones who had problems with it were the ones searching for things to complain about.

OP
archangel5884

archangel5884

Reaction score
Maybe. But, ive noticed a very pronounced sharpness increase on mine. (i wasnt complaining before) lol

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
No I got ya. I wasn't thinking you were complaining. I just mean other Bionic owners in general.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Have any of you other Bionic owners out there noticed that the screen on your phone seem to be sharper, brighter, more responsive and clearer over that last couple days?? It seems like moto pushed out a background update that changed something....(I don't know how to tell if my screen rez changed, or if they upped the type of color output or what) but it looks amazing now!!! What say you guys?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have not noticed any change. I've never had an issue with the screen, looks great to me :)

LOADIE

Reaction score
Been thinking the font was a little bit smaller and a little sharper. not sure about an update, been watching pretty close for one.

OP
archangel5884

archangel5884

Reaction score
Good point, hadn't paid attention to the font changing. Anyone know any tricks to see if anythings been changed (besides checking baseband, etc.)

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I will say I've noticed my screen seems to be brighter. I'm like blue, I never had a problem with the screen in the first place. But I'm telling you the phone is a smidgeon brighter than it was, which might account for the sharpness increase you're seeing. Don't see why they'd do that without telling us though, especially while we're on the edge of ours eats for a real update...

billyk

Reaction score
I am sure that if Moto wanted to push out a patch that improved the display, it would simply be incorporated into the upcoming update. Why risk the stability/success of this highly anticipated Bionic update with a pre-release that changes the baseline environment for the main release? Can't see it.

I've thought from the start that the Bionic display is the right combination of readability (indoor and outdoor), aesthetics (color rendering) and usability (battery savings). So I've been a big fan right from the start.

I recently changed from the stock launcher to Go Launcher Ex with the ICS theme. IMO, it's beautiful and I continue to be reminded of just how great this display is every time I grab my Bionic.

iiiwildfireiii

Reaction score
I will say I've noticed my screen seems to be brighter. I'm like blue, I never had a problem with the screen in the first place. But I'm telling you the phone is a smidgeon brighter than it was, which might account for the sharpness increase you're seeing. Don't see why they'd do that without telling us though, especially while we're on the edge of ours eats for a real update...

Could it be a pre-update that lays the groundwork for the upcoming OTA? I haven't noticed any changes nor has any version numbers changed on my phone though.

crashmw

Reaction score
How does that shield work with the beveled edge of the bionic? Does it wrap, or does it need to be trimmed in order to exclude the beveled edges?
We installed the shields that came with the phone and they were ****. Why would or should you have to trim a shield that comes with a phone in the first place? Really!

I have noticed! But it might have something to do with me tearing off a cheap Verizon screen protector and replacing it with Zagg Invisible Shield........

billyk

Reaction score
How does that shield work with the beveled edge of the bionic? Does it wrap, or does it need to be trimmed in order to exclude the beveled edges?
We installed the shields that came with the phone and they were ****. Why would or should you have to trim a shield that comes with a phone in the first place? Really!

This is an interesting topic.

I had a Skinomi protector on my Bionic which I found to be the very best among those I've tried. But, while the Skinomi is pefectly cut (it excludes the bevel exactly), it produces an "edge" that I feel constantly when I hold the Bionic in my hand. It's the edge of the protector that is made somewhat more prominent by the beveled edge that moves down and away from the protector.

Although I have another Skinomi waiting in the wings, going "nude" is working very well for me right now!

rasaun87

Reaction score
I've honestly always been happy with the screen. I think the ones who had problems with it were the ones searching for things to complain about.

I agree. People complain complain complain........

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex