Bionic was runover with car...and survived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Long story short, my Bionic was run over by a car this weekend. I was able to reboot the phone and it was been functioning flawlessly. However, the screen is shattered and the Up/Down volume keys are not as responsive (you have to press really hard to get them to work). The phone itself appears slightly warped or bowed if you inspect it very carefully. I am having the screen replaced by a third party provider, but I would like to try and have the phone replaced if possible.

Just wondering, if there's anyway (with all the known problems with the Bionic) that I could take this into Verizon and get a new phone? Any suggestions??

Unless one of the know issues is an unexplained shattering of the screen. I don't think they will cover it. Did you have insurance on it?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I'm having the screen repaired by someone, so it will appear as if it has been lightly used with a few small scratches. I do not have insurance, but wondering if I claim it has a squeal in the headphone or that it randomly reboots and drops 4g I can get them to exchange it for a new one.

I have a suggestion, pay for a new one. You had the option to have insurance on the phone and obviously chose not too. The fact that you started a thread to ask for advice on how to get verizon to basically give you a phone for free is pathetic. Unless it magically fell on the road and was run over, its a you problem. Grow up.

If you did this through insurance it would be insurance fraud.

If you did this through warranty it would be stealing and most likely still fraud.

Edit: I hope you try it and it works. So when they send it out they notice the bowing and charge you $499.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
Yeah we do not allow insurance fraud discussions on DF.

Thread Closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back