Blacked Out Apps for DC 9 & 10

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is a little taste of my upcoming theme release for DC betas. If you have used my theme before you know what to expect.

One thing to do before installing, be sure to remove gmail from /data/app, this will install gmail to /system/app....

What you will get.....

gmail
email
google search
keyboard
black market 2.3.6
dark talk
mms

note.... market will now be called black market and talk will be called dark talk in the app drawer.....

This is an update zip and installs through recovery... enjoy!

BlackedOutUpdate.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks, I have another gmail that is all black, the one I loaded has slightly different background colors for read and unread messages. The newest one I have just uses the bold and regular text to tell the difference.....

Let me know what you think... I will be working on framework this weekend and should get the full theme out soon.... well thats after Woody's release...:)

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good stuff thanks for these!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
You da man ecsnead!

Everything looks and works great, except for me, Google search and black market. But that's me, I don't know what I did recently but black market won't show up and search crashes on load, no matter what I've tried.

As soon as build 10 hits I'll probably wipe all and start from scratch.

Last edited:
OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's weird, are you running 9 or 10?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I can confirm market working in build 10 now to try dark talk

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
is there a current inverted twitter anywhere? version 2.02 i believe

djakrse

Reaction score
I can confirm market working in build 10 now to try dark talk

Yeah no doubt it's just me. The last black market that worked for me I installed several months ago and I think it still worked until I installed DC build ~1 or 2. I don't remember exactly what made it quit. I installed a themed market from XDA that looked awesome and worked for weeks until mysteriously it crashed in the middle of updating apps. I haven't been able to get anything but the stock market working since. *shrug*

Not even the stock Google search works, but I had an older inverted / themed search that would still work if I install it.

djakrse

Reaction score
is there a current inverted twitter anywhere? version 2.02 i believe

Now that I think about it, I had the inverted twitter 2.0 that quit working on me after I installed the DC beta for the first time. Again, the stock one works fine, but I can't stand to look at it hardly. I moss the blue text and inversion. :(

djakrse

Reaction score
Gmail and email fc on me when I first loaded them, but clearing data in settings works like it should. Nothing I've tried over the last few weeks has worked on the market, search, or twitter. I've tried clearing data for all Google apps, wiping cache and dalvik, etc. I'm assuming I'll have to wipe all data from recovery to fix this.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that once you do a full wipe to load 10, you will be able to load all the apps.....

djakrse

Reaction score
I think so too. I hate even mentioning my probs cuz nobody else seems to have issue. I guess I just wonder if there's a trick someone found works for them.

I'd have wiped already if I wasn't so busy the last couple of weeks. I hate having to set up everything the way I like it again in the middle of it all. I use my phone a lot for work, plus it's summer, we have kids, etc. :)

djakrse

Reaction score
After a complete wipe, I installed DC10, GAPPS, Blacked Out Apps, & then kernel. I saw Black Market in apps drawer, but it still FC on me, without any apparent hope to load beyond the ToS accept/decline screen. This before I restored any apps from backup. I tried 3G and WiFi. I have a custom hosts file, but that shouldn't matter, I think.

After giving up there, I attempted these themed markets (same version, named Market) with the same results -- disable data sync, clear data, reboot, enable data sync, access market, FC. This one at least used to work when Black Market wouldn't show up for me (plus, love the color on black look.) After zero success, I reverted to stock market and all is otherwise good. It just makes no sense to me. I wiped all data several times and was starting from scratch. Any of the other (numerous) Blacked Out/Inversion Conversion apps I've installed, if they FC I just clear data in settings, and maybe reboot and they work fine. The Blacked Out market just doesn't like to run on my phone. :(

Should I have waited to install Blacked out apps until after data sync had had time to restore market links? I guess I could try again tonight now that everything is back to normal and stable. All other Blacked Out apps have been working just fine, and looking great!

PS I never restored any system apps or data, only select downloaded apps and then only data on a few. Since wiping, the Google Search works fine, which used to also be a problem. Dark Talk also shows and looks incredible. Could it have anything to do with my kernel? I'm running ChevyNo1's LV 1GHz, from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/135532-kernels-3-24-11-froyo-gingerbread.html (downloads removed it seems.) I'll try one of his updated kernels as well, I think.

Last edited:

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Just ran this them with no problems, i did a fresh flash and uninstalled GMAIL with root explorer. Theme went in fine and all apps seem to be working, checked dark gtalk, black gmail, dark message - no issues so didn't finish with fbook or others because i was tired of logging back in to them all haha. Looks nice and dark thanks ECSNEAD69

*edit - running p3 lv 1250 kernal

Last edited: