Bluetooth issue

linuxgator

Reaction score
OK, got 232 running on my Bionic, with AOKP.

Everything seems to work great, with one exception.

If I have bluetooth enabled on the phone, I get no audio through the phone speakers for phone calls.

Example, I enable bluetooth in the morning, & get in my truck. Truck paired with phone just fine, music streams, phone calls work perfectly.
I get to work, truck is off, I'm about a quarter mile away from it now, but when I get a phone call, I get nothing at all through the speaker, & they can't hear me either. If I then turn off bluetooth on the phone, I can make & recieve calls again.

I also have a pair of bluetooth headphones I use occasionally at work. Same deal, they work fine, but I can't use the phone if bluetooth is turned on on the phone.

This has gotten quite frusterating & I'm looking for some kind of fix for this so I don't have to manually turn on & off bluetooth everytime I want to use it.:mad:

When in a call, there is a Bluetooth toggle on the screen. Just push that. Aside from that, it sounds like the phone thinks that you are still connected to the Bluetooth item. Maybe you can set up smart actions to turn bt off when you get to work or something like that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sorcerer

Reaction score
When in a call, there is a Bluetooth toggle on the screen. Just push that.

Actually, there's not a button or toggle on the screen in this build at least..
I have a number pad, speaker, microphone, & contacts on the screen when in a call.

& it does this even if I haven't connected to anything bluetooth yet either.

I've had bluetooth off since I rebooted the phone an hour ago, & it's been fine, just enabled bluetooth here at my desk, & was unable to hear anything during phone calls as soon as I enabled it. It is not connected to anything at this time.

Lodmot

Reaction score
Yeah there is....
If you're using the Car Dock mode while you're in the car, there's a little button with the bluetooth symbol at the bottom left in the main Car Dock screen.

Interestingly enough, I have difficulties with bluetooth in Gingerbread, and when I was trying out the .229 leak a couple months back, it completely fixed my issue.

Sorcerer

Reaction score
Yeah there is....
If you're using the Car Dock mode while you're in the car, there's a little button with the bluetooth symbol at the bottom left in the main Car Dock screen.

I'm not using the Car Dock mode. My problem is not when I'm in the car, it works Great there.

It's when I'm not in the car, or don't have my bluetooth headphones that I have problems. (unless I manually turn off bluetooth on the phone first)

Lodmot

Reaction score
I'm not using the Car Dock mode. My problem is not when I'm in the car, it works Great there.

It's when I'm not in the car, or don't have my bluetooth headphones that I have problems. (unless I manually turn off bluetooth on the phone first)

Hmm......... What screen are you exactly looking at?
If you're looking on the homescreen for your bluetooth button, you have to add it in a widget. They moved the widgets into the app drawer, which may have thrown you off.
Or if you're currently on a call there should usually also be a bluetooth button next to the speaker button...
I don't recall ever seeing Android without a bluetooth button during a call...

Can you take a screenshot for me by pressing Vol ^ + Power?

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
I ran 232 for a few weeks (now at 246)and the only problem I had was streaming Slacker. Slacker would freeze up. I think the problem is on the car end and not a phone or app issue. But no other problems with the phone connection or media with Bluetooth.

Sorcerer

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-09-25-09-53-49.png

Lodmot

Reaction score
Wow, that is weird.....
Okay, usually there are supposed to be two buttons next to the End Call button, one on each side..
Something's definitely weird about your ICS installation.. Mine wasn't like that on 229

linuxgator

Reaction score
I just realized you said you're running AOKP. That's your problem, there is a known bluetooth routing problem. If bluetooth is enabled, even if not connected, the phone tries to route through that. You have to disable when not in use to get audio to work properly.

Sorcerer

Reaction score
OK, I just saw that was a posted issue for CM10, but hadn't seen that for AOKP
Time to load up a new rom!

What all ROM's does this affect?

Or, better question, which roms do NOT have this bug?