Bluetooth Questions

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I took a course somewhat based on java programming 3 years ago (I didn't learn much, honestly) but I was able to follow the tutorials from the Android website to set up the SDK, write a basic program with some buttons and text boxes and run it.

I have an idea that I'd like to program. I want to Bluetooth Connect to HIDs. But have the software know how to talk to different devices. Maybe someone today wants to use a full-size keyboard, and tomorrow some other device. I'd like to receive input over Bluetooth and then pipe that to what application is running on the phone at that moment.

Problem is, I really don't have a clue on how to start. Googling ideas didn't turn up much. Can some of you give me ideas to point me in the right direction?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I understand your question, so here's my best answer.

You should figure out which Bluetooth Profiles you're interested in implementing, and make sure you have a full understanding of how they work.

You should also see if you can find any source code that uses BT for data transfer, and hack up that code. Sometimes this is easier than starting your own, sometimes it's more effort than it's worth. It seems like you might be "relatively" new to this type of stuff, so I would recommend it.

Good luck.

EDITED for clairity.