Brand of case for your ThunderBolt?

Reaction score
What brand of case will everyone be getting for your ThunderBolt?
What company do you think makes the best cases, and why?
Are you going with rubber/silicone, hard/plastic, or leather?
Are you going with a heavy/rugged case or a thinner/lighter case?
Are there any better companies out there for this type of accessory not listed?

Note – (I’m assuming that these companies will all make versions for the TB, which might not end up being true, and release times will vary for some)

Update - There appears to be 4 separate schools of thought on the issue: (now that many responses to the poll have been given)

1) Seidio Innocase II (or Active X, or Rugged) - Innocase shipping now, Active X coming soon, very good products (I just got mine)
2) Otterbox Commuter (or Defender) - top of the line (I'll likely upgrade to this later), not available at release (1-3 months after?)
3) Going naked - taking risk of scratches/drops, really confident in caring skills/durability, would rather be as thin/smooth as possible
4) One from eBay or Amazon - cheap, can get the job done, have designs, but fit, materials, and protection may not be the best

Last edited:

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
If I do decide to get the thunderbolt ill just be wrapping it in ghost armor just like how my fascinate is now. Fully protects from scratches and has a lifetime warranty. For a traveling case, I'd get an otterbox case definantly

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
If I do decide to get the thunderbolt ill just be wrapping it in ghost armor just like how my fascinate is now. Fully protects from scratches and has a lifetime warranty. For a traveling case, I'd get an otterbox case definantly

The only reason I did not include Ghost Armor is because it does not protect from impact at all. Also, the Otterbox case will not be available at TB's release, and might take a while to come out (like with the EVO).

spindrjr

Reaction score

The Thunderbolt will be my first fancy phone, so I don't have any experience in cases. I am really skeptical about buying such a big phone and then making it bigger with a full blown case, so I was very interested in the products like ghost armor, Zagg, or phantom skinz.

Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share about these skin type protectors vs silicon case vs hard case? I would be carrying the phone around in my pants pocket, so size is an issue.

I would also be interested in good screen protector brands, though that's a little off-topic.

jcbsides

Reaction score
I already bought a couple cheap ones on amazon for my sister and me, just to tide us over until we have a good idea of what we want. I just figure its a $250 product so it should be safe right out of the box.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Naked for me, I tried a case on my D1 back in Dec. of 09 for like a day and hated it. Not one drop in 14 months, I'm VERY careful with my phones.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score

The Thunderbolt will be my first fancy phone, so I don't have any experience in cases. I am really skeptical about buying such a big phone and then making it bigger with a full blown case, so I was very interested in the products like ghost armor, Zagg, or phantom skinz.

Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share about these skin type protectors vs silicon case vs hard case? I would be carrying the phone around in my pants pocket, so size is an issue.

I would also be interested in good screen protector brands, though that's a little off-topic.

A phone this expensive is an investment. Drops are bound to happen, so some sort of impact protection, not just scratch protection, is a good idea (although maybe not for everyone). I will carry this phone in my pocket, and still get a case and have room, just not a huge bulky one.

Also, I made another thread in the Thunderbolt Accessories section of this forum about screen protectors, so look in there to get a good idea of some of the brands out there.

bassJAM

Reaction score
It'll either be a Seidio or Otterbox for me. I'm hard on phones, and this being my first smartphone I want it to be protected as much as possible. I'm leaning towards a Seidio right now.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I used a Seidio Innocase for my Droid, and it did a great job of protecting it. So I ordered an Innocase and a holster for my TB last night. It will probably arrive long before the TB!

roosterbrews

Reaction score
How long will it take for the Otterbox to come out after the phone is launched? I was looking at the comuter but if it takes a month or two I may just get the Seidio.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
How long will it take for the Otterbox to come out after the phone is launched? I was looking at the comuter but if it takes a month or two I may just get the Seidio.

It took a few months for them to come out with a case for the EVO. If I had to guess when they will make one for the Thunderbolt, I'd say 2-4 months. I would be very surprised if they came out with one within a month of release. I think the Otterbox Commuter will be the best all-around case for this phone once it comes out, but I think I'll just get the Seidio Innocase since it's available now and maybe sell it in a few months and upgrade to the Otterbox.

what about a Zagg invisible shield case?

ZAGG makes screen and body scratch protectors, not cases.