[Breaking] Android Market for the Web Just Released

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
df-android-market.jpg

Google just dropped an exciting bomb on the entire Android community. They released their new browser-based 'Android Market' for the Web. They coincided the website launch with their announcement during their Google event, then posted an enticing introduction on their blog. Here's a quote,
The website makes it easy to discover great new apps with a bigger, brighter interface. You can also send apps directly to your Android device with just a few clicks—no wires needed. We’ve built in new social features, too. You can share apps with your friends through Twitter. And you can read and post app reviews directly to Android Market from the web or from your device.

And what about all those apps you’ve already purchased and downloaded? Sign in to the website with your Google account and click “My Market Account” to see all the apps you’ve purchased or downloaded. It makes managing all your apps quite easy.
Awesome news! I can see a ton of ways that this will be useful and it's strange that they never did this sooner. What do you guys think of this? Hit the links below to see the website and the blog.

Source: Android Market for the Web and Google BlogPost - Introduction to Android Market for the Web

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just looked at it looks pretty neat.. cannot log in. dont know why

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
been browsing around in it - very sahweet! can't sign into my account yet, tho - looking forward to getting this up and running. so cool!!

i haven't been watching/listening to the podcast - any announcement on Google Music??

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL calling the mkt a "fail" an hour after launch is a little premature. i would imagine it's going to take a little bit to accomodate millions of Andy users... ;)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
looking good, and not pushing the app to phone is definitely awesome!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I am assuming from the nature of the web site that support for browsing from an android device isn't very practical in the first place.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

ghorig

Reaction score
LOL calling the mkt a "fail" an hour after launch is a little premature. i would imagine it's going to take a little bit to accomodate millions of Andy users... ;)

Its an e-commerce site - yet I cannot buy anything. That's a fail by any definition. LOL!

kptphalkon

Reaction score

Its an e-commerce site - yet I cannot buy anything. That's a fail by any definition. LOL!

Lets chalk this website up to "beta release" and wait for the full implementation before calling it a failure for missing some key features.

LT*

Reaction score
Sign in just started working for me...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Lol and i was about to ask the question of how long do you really think it would take google to fix this