Camera Not Working

Thurston

Reaction score
Long press the camera button and the camera screen comes up but shows only blackness in the view. Clicking to take a picture does nothing.

Heading back to Bestbuy to get a replacement, unless could I be doing something wrong?

nikon

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine after installing some apps, had to wipe (hard reset) it to get it fixed.

Larcen26

Reaction score
There is another recent thread addressing this same issue, however the OP said his situation resolved itself and I am afraid if I just post there that my question will be overlooked.

BUT

My camera will not save my pictures. I take the picture, the camera behaves normally and animates the picture shrinking into the corner. However when I touch on the picture in the corner, or try to look at the pictures in the gallery, there is nothing but a grey box, much like a .jpg icon. When I go to "Picture Info" it says that it is 0.00B.

Also, there are a few of my existing pictures that are visible in the Gallery, but when I tap on them, they flash as the picture quickly, but then default to the same grey box.

Thirdly, A few times now, the camera itself simply won't open, including through an app that has worked very well for me since I got the phone. It crashes and asks for a "Force Close." This problem resolves if I reboot the phone, but the pictures still do not get saved.

According to my data page, there are almost 2 Gb of space still available on the SD card.

As with the other thread, I can still take and save Movies, but not still pictures.

And just for full disclosure, I am also having an issue where when I try to answer the phone, everything on the touch screen happens correctly, however I cannot hear the call, and the person cannot hear me. It resolves itself when I reboot the phone, but it is very annoying.

Any thoughts?

Larcen26

Reaction score
544 views and not a single suggestion?

Not even "Try a Factory Reset"?

Anyone?

As a follow up, if I were to do a factory reset, how would I go about it? And how would I make sure I had all of my apps, pictures, music, contacts, etc. at the end?

Thanks

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You really don't need to save the apps. Once complete you go to play store and redownload. Pictures and music should be saved to the sd card. Contacts are best saved by exporting them to the sd card via "settings" in the contacts screen. No big deal on the contacts as they are backed up by either verizon backup assistant or to your google account depending on your settings.
To do the factory reset go to privacy settings on the phone, then select factory data reset.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion before a factory reset......go to the other post you mentioned and pm the op to see what he/she did to fix their problem

ultraaman

Reaction score
yes this happened on my phone too. sometimes it would work fine, other times what you described would happen. i uninstalled all the camera apps i had downloaded (2) and restarted the phone. now it works fine.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
to save call log and texts i use
sms backup +

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mavfan

Reaction score
Same problem

Did you resolve your issue? I'm having this same problem.

thedroid123

Reaction score
I had this problem. I went to manage all apps and cleared the data for the camera app. I beleive this may have required the phone to download a fresh version which worked perfectly. Hope it helps