Camera shutter Going on and off

Inverse

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who hears this~ but occasionally during the use of your phone. Usually coming off of unlock and turning the screen on, or opening an app... do any of you hear the sound of the shutter going on and off?

You know, the tiny little pitch whine or pop that occurs when you take a picture?

I hear it happening occasionally, just out of the blue. I can even feel it a bit in my hand if I pay attention. It's subtle, it doesn't make any apps open or slow it down, but I can clearly hear the camera "activating".

VitsDroid

Reaction score
My droid 2 does it, a little anoying at times, not sure why, my droid 1 didn't do that.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
It's watching you, maybe that's why the droid symbol is a "all seeing eye".

OP
Inverse

Inverse

Reaction score
It's watching you, maybe that's why the droid symbol is a "all seeing eye".

Don't even play~ I swear it's taking pictures in the room and I'm like, always naked. All the time.

In all seriousness though~ I worry that this might be causing some damage, or at the least be a random battery drain if it's happening randomly.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah,a lot of Droid models do it. You'll probably hear it mostly the times you fire up the camera or close the camera app. My Inc is noisy like that too. I forget why it does it but it is the camera lens and it's not using any battery or harming anything

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.