Camera Shutter Sound

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Is there away to shut off the camera's shutter sound completely. The only way I can find to control it is by lowering the ringer volume. Which is a pain in the butt. I just want it off for good.
Any help would be great.
Thx.

eurosteve

Reaction score
You could put the phone in vibrate only mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running Liberty ROM and there is an option in Liberty's settings to enable or disable camera shutter sound. Idk if that helps but it might if you are running Liberty

trademark03

Reaction score
I downloaded a app to cut the camera sounds. I think its a leagal thing to force the sounds on digital camera devices.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droid234

Reaction score
Is there away to shut off the camera's shutter sound completely. The only way I can find to control it is by lowering the ringer volume. Which is a pain in the butt. I just want it off for good.
Any help would be great.
Thx.

Download and use Camera 360 app. You'll love it.

WTF??

Reaction score
Anyone know how to silence or disable the camera shutter sound? besides putting the entire phone on silent or rooting please?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can only guess your S5 isn't that different from my S4. Go to the camera app, tap the soft menu at the bottom then settings then go to the "gear" settings within settings and there is an option there for shutter sound on/off.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Anyone know how to silence or disable the camera shutter sound? besides putting the entire phone on silent or rooting please?

Which carrier are you with? If you have a Verizon or Sprint Galaxy S5, there isn't an option in the settings to turn the shutter sound off. Your only options there are to silence the phone, root it, or try a third party app. If you have a S5 from AT&T or T-Mobile, it's in the settings for the camera app.

WTF??

Reaction score
Weird how the carrier has control of the options. But I have VZW and the soft menu in the Camera Settings dont have an option to disable the sound.

Guess Im stuck with this noise..... ughh :mad:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Try turning the system volume down. I think that worked on my note 3

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Try turning the system volume down. I think that worked on my note 3

thanks for the suggestion

That doesn't work with the S5 (at least with the Verizon variant). As I mentioned above, the camera shutter sound in the stock app on the Verizon (and Sprint) S5 is only silenced by silencing the phone (the ringer), root, or possibly through a third party app (although I have yet to see one that works with the stock app on the S5).

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Weird how the carrier has control of the options. But I have VZW and the soft menu in the Camera Settings dont have an option to disable the sound.

Guess Im stuck with this noise..... ughh :mad:

I think that's very strange too.

Carriers have been doing things like that for years, especially Verizon. They'll disable the most seemingly random things sometimes. Verizon also knocked out Download Booster on the S5. They removed Blocking Mode from the S3. Those are just a couple examples. Carriers in the U.S. have far too much control over manufacturers. While Samsung has been able to dictate terms on an increasing number of things, they still don't have full sway over carriers like Apple does at this point.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Shutter sound was implemented by Verizon and others to "prevent" you from taking pictures without permission. Since there is always a sound people around you will know a picture is being taken. It's a stupid rule but there was a lawsuit or something a while back.

Sent from my XT1060