Cant seem to root droid X help please.

Chrisace89

Reaction score
I have tried so many methods to try to root my new droid x.. I just upgraded from original droid and i have been rooting unrooting installing roms themes all of it on my original droid and i never really ran into in big problems.. But everything i try to root droid X doesnt work... I tried rood without ADB,, i tryed 1 click roots... i tried droid-life.com root method and none of them work.. can someone give me a ling to directions they followed to root there phone.

11bravo

Reaction score
Go to youtube and type in "how to root droid x 2.2.. it will be the first video. Its fast and easy. That's how I rooted my stood x 2.2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SuaXu8kusvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu8kusvA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

harryj

Reaction score
I had 2.1 and rooted very simply with easy root
My phone updated to 2.3.15 (without my permission) and now I can't seem to get root. I tried DOroot... no dice

I still have the superuser icon

Easyroot says that I am still rooted... can't unroot

Busy box says that I am rooted but cant find busybox? I reinstalled BB... no dice

I tried wiping cache and card then clean install of OTA... thought this may help... NOT

So... those of us that were rooted now stuck with whatever crap verizon chooses to shove down our throats??

bigd73

Reaction score
Well if you can't get it to work with doroot, you can always just SBF your phone and start a fresh.

Casen

Reaction score
doroot method for D2. Its a one computer click and let it go... really easy.

harryj

Reaction score
DOroot failed numerous times
Error 6 Failed to give proper permissions sys files

I have debug checked, USB PC mode
I am the sys admin

What am I missing here??
I feel as if I am jumping through so many hoops to even get to this point
1st it was the .net framework... then I forgot to update the SDK (I finally chose 2.2 as I didn't see 2.3.15) Next the driver not recognizing the DX... Spent ions right clicking the ! in devices and trying to find the damn driver...I found that the issue was the only driver install that worked was from the moto site, not the many that I found in previous threads:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

To recap

I have a DX that was updated to 2.3.15 OTA (without my permission)
I was previously rooted with 2.1 using Easyroot... and it was EASY No Issues... worked 1st time

I still have the super user icon after the update
but busybox is not found even after reinstall
BB install states that I am rooted but it cant find itself? Jeeez
I tested root with Titanium... no dice

Any suggestions??

Thx much

EDIT:
See my next post!

bigd73

Reaction score
Did you try doing it in Charge only mode with debugging enabled? I had to do that in order for mine to work.

harryj

Reaction score
SOLVED! There IS a 1 click 2.2 that worked 1st time!!!

Follow this thread

One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

icon_file.gif
RootMyX2.zip

It rooted 2.3.15
I had to manually copy the Busybox, SU, and superuser files to my SD
Then downloaded the busybox program and for the 1st time it asked for superuser perm!

Is there a way for someone to update the wiki with this info???
I followed that info and have significantly less hair on my head as a result LOL

Wnclivin

Reaction score
www.TweakMyDevice.com

I'm currently writing step-by-step tutorials for hacks I've tried and been successful with. The tutorials include links for all the files and software you need organized in one place.

Check out my site at TweakMyDevice | and give me some feedback. Go easy on me, it's only the 2nd website I've built ;)

Let me know of any hacks/tweaks you want to see that aren't there and I'll work on making a tutorial for it.

harryj

Reaction score
I'm currently writing step-by-step tutorials for hacks I've tried and been successful with. The tutorials include links for all the files and software you need organized in one place.

Check out my site at TweakMyDevice | and give me some feedback. Go easy on me, it's only the 2nd website I've built ;)

Let me know of any hacks/tweaks you want to see that aren't there and I'll work on making a tutorial for it.

Good job
I don't recall seeing steps 13-15 in the DX DOroot approach
Perhaps this is why it never worked for me after numerous attempts

How's 'bout a screen shot of the new higher resolution tweak?
Wondering if the text would be harder to read

Thx man!

harryj

Reaction score
Catch 22... don't you 1st need root to use root explorer??

harryj

Reaction score
Mine was solved at top of this page :) ... But I'm not the original poster :)