Can't text after updating my phone.

sheliakay

Reaction score
multi-touch keyboard settings

On my Droid 2 on the multi-touch keyboard settings there is not a choice of clearing the data. Nothing about data at all that I can see. Please advise as I cannot bring up my Text app at all since updating. I just get a solid white screen. Or sometimes half white and half black screen, then goes back to home screen. Thank you.

silverfang77

Reaction score
It's not in the keyboard settings. It's under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Multitouch Keyboard.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Try clearing the text app's data in the same manner as that of the keyboard.

sheliakay

Reaction score
Still not working properly....????

Try clearing the text app's data in the same manner as that of the keyboard.

Thanks again silverfang77..... I cleared out the text app's data as you suggested. I can now get into the text app part of the time, then it just goes back to the home page on it's own if I tap on an existing msg or try to start a new msg. :blink:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest. There are third party apps available in the Market, such as Handcent SMS and Chomp SMS.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

sheliakay

Reaction score
Thanks again silverfang77..... I cleared out the text app's data as you suggested. I can now get into the text app part of the time, then it just goes back to the home page on it's own if I tap on an existing msg or try to start a new msg. :blink:

I appreciate you taking the time to help me and all of your suggestions and advice. Thank you so much!

baboon619

Reaction score
My wife had the "Space bar issue". I noticed the keyboard would lock on the space bar after 3 lines of text. Went into manage apps> all apps> multi touch keyboard> clear data and that worked for now. What a load of crap.

silverfang77

Reaction score
This is definitely a Gingerbread that needs to be fixed. Judging by the number of maintenance updates the D2 has received, I'd say the fix will come on the 12th of Never.

Amshaw510

Reaction score
My Droid 2 doesn't text either.

So, can someone tell me exactly what does the deleting data do? Exactly, WHAT data is deleted from the phone when you do this?

Thank you

silverfang77

Reaction score
It deletes all data and resets the program to default.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk

xShari

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem so I went to the Verizon Store and they fixed it in literally 5 seconds, after it took me days of research trying to figure out what was wrong. So basically you go to SETTINGS->LANGUAGE&KEYBOARD->MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD SETTINGS->UNCHECK "NEXT WORK PREDICTION"

Hope it works! ^~^

Amshaw510

Reaction score
xShari it worked!

I'm gonna go back to my Verizon man at lunch and show him how so he can help the next person lol! Thanks again.

I had the same exact problem so I went to the Verizon Store and they fixed it in literally 5 seconds, after it took me days of research trying to figure out what was wrong. So basically you go to SETTINGS->LANGUAGE&KEYBOARD->MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD SETTINGS->UNCHECK "NEXT WORK PREDICTION"

Hope it works! ^~^

xShari

Reaction score
Ok! Good luck! :]

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums