Check out the new Kindle

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I just ordered it. Wi-Fi version. Screw Apple.:icon_ banana:

Amazon.com: Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation: Kindle Store

FYI anything you order syncs with the Droid Kindle App.

Awesome! I may have to pick up the new model, the one month charge is really attractive. I currently have a K2, I've been a Kindle lover since the original.

I'm really envious! Did you get the white one or the graphite? I'm thinking about the graphite, I wouldn't need a skin to keep it clean...

xliderider

Reaction score
Great price on the wifi version. We have an original Barnes & Noble Nook ereader and even that one came out in a wifi only version recently.

The Nook is very easy to root, but I haven't done it because, right now, there aren't too many advantages to rooting yet.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It only comes in graphite for the wi-fi version. I prefer that color anyway. I chose the wi-fi because it's all I use at home anyway and everyone has it. If I need the internet Ill use the droid.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you buy one of the jackets for it? They seems to cost like $50 which is way too much for a $139 device...

I just ordered it. Wi-Fi version. Screw Apple.:icon_ banana:

Amazon.com: Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation: Kindle Store

FYI anything you order syncs with the Droid Kindle App.

Awesome! I may have to pick up the new model, the one month charge is really attractive. I currently have a K2, I've been a Kindle lover since the original.

I'm really envious! Did you get the white one or the graphite? I'm thinking about the graphite, I wouldn't need a skin to keep it clean...

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread when this one seems most appropriate. I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone tried connecting the new Wifi Kindle with the Wifi Tether for root users? I tried it on a Nook at a B&N story and it didn't recognize the ad-hoc connection that Wifi tether uses. I'd really like to get the Wifi only Kindle but if I can't use my Droid's Wifi to connect with it on the go that would be a factor in whether or not I buy it.

Thanks in advance.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Curious did you consider an Android tablet? If so, why did you go with the Kindle?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Kindle is meant strictly an ebook reader ( I love mine). It uses eink which you can read perfectly out in the sun, is easy on your eyes, and battery lasts forever and a day. Its not meant to be a competitor to the ipad or any other tablet.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tested it - same problem with the Kindle.

But you really don't need Wi-Fi for the Kindle all the time - just when you order the book. It's downloaded right then. I leave my wi-fi off all the time because it saves battery. I turn it on when I'm home and order a book.

By the way the Kindle is fantastic.

I didn't want to start a new thread when this one seems most appropriate. I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone tried connecting the new Wifi Kindle with the Wifi Tether for root users? I tried it on a Nook at a B&N story and it didn't recognize the ad-hoc connection that Wifi tether uses. I'd really like to get the Wifi only Kindle but if I can't use my Droid's Wifi to connect with it on the go that would be a factor in whether or not I buy it.

Thanks in advance.