CM 6.1 RC3 on ROM Manager

anuraj1

Reaction score
Installing now.

EDIT: Installed RC3 + GAPPS over CM 6.1 RC2 without wipe. After reboot, GAPPS were missing. Reverting to RC2 nandroid and flashing RC3 without GAPPS.

EDIT 2: Flashed without GAPPS but they were still missing when I rebooted. I installed GAPPS separately, it made me re-sign into my google account, and things seem to be running well now.

Last edited:
OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
So far, 6.1 is running much faster for me than 6.0 did on my handset.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So zero... you the one that is creating all the source built ROMs?? you appear to be taking the credit as the 'source' of those

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
So zero... you the one that is creating all the source built ROMs?? you appear to be taking the credit as the 'source' of those

Oh yes, I build custom roms... please consider me the source, lol

(Kids, please use your own minds to figure things out, I am not the source or whatever else you consider reliable)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lmao... too easy, too funny

Zaza

Reaction score
Installing now.

EDIT: Installed RC3 + GAPPS over CM 6.1 RC2 without wipe. After reboot, GAPPS were missing. Reverting to RC2 nandroid and flashing RC3 without GAPPS.

EDIT 2: Flashed without GAPPS but they were still missing when I rebooted. I installed GAPPS separately, it made me re-sign into my google account, and things seem to be running well now.

Same here; installed RC3 over RC2 without wiping and with no GAPPS. Had to go back and reinstall GAPPS since they were missing, and then had to reactivate my Google account. Everything's going smoothly now though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

blackops

Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference or what fixes they made from RC2 to RC3?

I am running RC2 without any issues right now and trying to find out what benefits I will get from flashing to RC3.

Thanks,

GolfProRM

Reaction score

I heard there was a bluetooth issue. Not exactly sure of the details, but AFAIK, it was only bluetooth related.

droidkevlar

Reaction score

I am running RC2 without any issues right now and trying to find out what benefits I will get from flashing to RC3.

Thanks,

Stay with RC2. RC3 broke cam zoom and brought back fc on zoom of camcorder again. BT works great but it did for me on RC2 as well. Or maybe try nightly build 166 as I hear they fixed cam in that version.

captdroid

Reaction score

Thanks,

Stay with RC2. RC3 broke cam zoom and brought back fc on zoom of camcorder again. BT works great but it did for me on RC2 as well. Or maybe try nightly build 166 as I hear they fixed cam in that version.

Cam zoom fc'd for me in RC2 and still does in RC3.

Update: Cleared cache (not data) and Dalvik cache in clockwork recovery and rebooted a couple times and now no FC on CAM zoom with CM 6.1 RC3. Yay!

I had flashed RC3 over RC2 and for me google apps still there along with most all my settings. Another yay! RC3 flash replaced the slayer v1.6 kernel I had installed of course. Going to run stock kernel for a bit overclocked to 800mhz.

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
Cm 6.1

By using CM I was able to get rid of a power control widget and 'blink' from the market for LED control by using the built in features customization. Next think I will tweak the screen brightness control also built into CM. Nice stuff. Really liking the custom features control found 'CyanogenMod Settings'. Has most custom features of any other ROM I have run and extensive.

kastein

Reaction score

Thanks,

Cam zoom fc'd for me in RC2 and still does in RC3.

Update: Cleared cache (not data) and Dalvik cache in clockwork recovery and rebooted a couple times and now no FC on CAM zoom with CM 6.1 RC3. Yay!

I had flashed RC3 over RC2 and for me google apps still there along with most all my settings. Another yay! RC3 flash replaced the slayer v1.6 kernel I had installed of course. Going to run stock kernel for a bit overclocked to 800mhz.

So after wiping the cache you are able to zoom in and out while recording video?