Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

chrismang

Reaction score
Droid x bootstrapped is fine with debugging off. And it should only make a difference once your on any gb leak

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tag your it

Reaction score
so i have been through the whole process. I ran rsd lite, selected the .sbf file. rsd lite said pass and noe my phone is sitting with a black screen.
it reads...
Bootloader

battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb

how long will it take to reboot?

Last edited:

chrismang

Reaction score
so i have been through the whole process. I ran rsd lite, selected the .sbf file. rsd lite said pass and noe my phone is sitting with a black screen.
it reads...
Bootloader

battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb

how long will it take to reboot?

That's is just the bootloader. Try turning off your phone and unplugging the USB cord. Then powerit back on, it should show a bootlogo them animation that will Las for a few minutes the first time.

tag your it

Reaction score
thank you,dancedroid thank you! so far so good. will give it a try and see if i need to update drivers. now in order to do that do i use rsd lite or do i use the moto helper with drivers? it updated after i had started running rsd lite...

chrismang

Reaction score
thank you,dancedroid thank you! so far so good. will give it a try and see if i need to update drivers. now in order to do that do i use rsd lite or do i use the moto helper with drivers? it updated after i had started running rsd lite...

Are you talking about the Motorola drivers? If so those are usb drivers that allow your computer to communicate with your phone in order to sbf. If you were already able to sbf and rsd said "pass" then in all likelyhood your drivers are fine.

Your sbf should have worked as long as rsd completed with a pass and if your phone hasnot gotten stuck in a bootloop. From what I understand it is very difficult to actually brick your phone while doing an sbf.

rcguymike

Reaction score
hmm...didn't work

I tried this process and when my phone rebooted it went to

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

rcguymike

Reaction score
used different .sbf and it is now working...kinda...z4root won't work, tried battery cycling, version 1.1 and 1.3

rcguymike

Reaction score
first tried VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf
currently on VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf

rcguymike

Reaction score
fixed!

turns out Mcafee virus scan enterprise deleted part of the z4root.apk so i turned it off and redownloaded it and it worked!!!