Considering this phone. Help appreciated

Coming out of a RazrM that I like. Tell me what I might not like about this phone. I want the smaller size. I want SWYPE(tell me it's available on the phone, stock). I hear battery life is good. Anything just quirky-bad about the phone?
Read something about group messaging problems? I do that a good bit, especially with people with(yuk) i-phones. What's the deal with this?

Last edited:
OP
B

bigbadwulff

Thanks for no replies, you blokes. Now your punishment....you have to put up with my sense of humor from here on out. For the moderators...this is a joke...yikes :)

Dolly

I love my X. I have Swype. Everything works great. Love the action where you twist the phone to open your camera.

stemo

I came from the RAZR m to the moto x and I love the X. Even tho its slightly bigger but to me the otterbox defender for the X is more comfortable than the RAZR m.

Performance of the X blows the m away.

Dolly

PS, battery life is very good for me. I don't normally do group messaging so I don't know about that. Will do a test.

TatDroid

I'm trying to think of something I don't like about the X, but can't come up with anything right now. The group messaging issue was a problem for me at first, but is 100% solved by making hangouts the default SMS client (you do not need to use Google+ in any way). Some of the things I really like include Active Notifications, and the "twist" camera activation. But above all I love that, after 6+ months of ownership this phone has never frozen or randomly shut down. Not once. It's smooth, fast, has good battery life, and is rock solid. That's good enough for me!

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Right now I'm not liking how the physical hold is. Don't like rounded backs but I'll find a cover I like that makes that better....hopefully. But this thing is fast.

TatDroid

It's always interesting to see that one person's like is another's dislike. I find the rounded back much more of a natural fit and more comfortable to hold than a flat, sharp edged back. And my index finger naturally migrates to fit in the Motorola "M" indentation to give me a more anchored hold. I made sure that the skin I got had a cutout for that "M" dimple so I wouldn't lose that feel!

Last edited:
OP
B

bigbadwulff

Much more like the i-phone shape feel although I've never had one. Just feels right(to me). Also it's why I've never liked a Galaxy.

cybric

Sounds like a decent phone. I went from the Bionic to a DNA. I am happy with it but since there is a sale tomorrow I thought that I might pick up an X.