[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

havens1515

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the 3-27 build installed on their Droid 2?

I have the 3-20 build installed and working great, but the 3-27 build puts me in a boot loop.

I was able to boot into recovery and go back to the 3-20 build, tried re flashing to 3-27 and it happened again.

I cleared data and cache in between each install.

It has happened to a few people, but everyone else I've seen said that they were fine after wiping data. I have it installed on Boot Manager, got the bootloop, booted back to phone ROM, wiped data, but haven't booted back to CM9 yet.

theabyssdragon

Reaction score
I tried the 3-27 build and had to SBF twice. So I gave the 3-20 build a try and it's currently bootlooping, too.

Not sure what's going on here, but I'm about to SBF for a third time and probably go back to the CM7 nightly I was on.

havens1515

Reaction score
Are you on the GB kernel? Cuz if you're coming from the CM7 nightlies, then you're still on Froyo. You need to get the GB OTA before flashing this. Or use the GB sbf file that's in my signature.

theabyssdragon

Reaction score
Are you on the GB kernel? Cuz if you're coming from the CM7 nightlies, then you're still on Froyo. You need to get the GB OTA before flashing this. Or use the GB sbf file that's in my signature.
Thanks, I'll give the GB sbf a try.

EDIT: Looks like that did the trick, thanks!

NZitney

Reaction score
Just flashed 04032012.zip and it is working great.

Had to clear data and cache, and download the newer Google Apps File (ICS_MOTO_4.0.4_GAPPS_03_13_2012.zip).

Thanks again Angel

amerabeans

Reaction score
wow

I just flash my Droid 2 a few days ago and it is working great. Will flash tomorrow night. Downloading now. Any major fixes?

Only issue I notice other than what was listed is the qwerty keyboard doesn't work with Google Docs app. However on screen keyboard is fine.

Great work and thanks again!

NZitney

Reaction score
I just flash my Droid 2 a few days ago and it is working great. Will flash tomorrow night. Downloading now. Any major fixes?

Only issue I notice other than what was listed is the qwerty keyboard doesn't work with Google Docs app. However on screen keyboard is fine.

Great work and thanks again!

I am on the 4/3 build and my physical keyboard works fine with Google Docs.

Narley720

Reaction score
I just tried flashing the latest build and now I'm stuck in bootloop. I did a battery pull, but that doesn't help. This is probably a noob question, but how do I make it so I can reboot into recovery? Everything I've tried thus far hasn't worked cause I can't get out of the bootloop.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hold x while booting then both volume buttons on the ! Screen. That will get you to stock recovery where you can wipe data.

Sent from my D2G

NZitney

Reaction score
I was stuck I a boot loop also but it was booting up to my lock screen and then rebooting after a few seconds. After a few tries, I was able to push the power button and select reboot and recovery. You have to be quick about it though.

I reflashed to the 3 20 rom and got it to boot that way, and then reflash the latest rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dudemansir

Reaction score
Just dropped this in. ICS is freakin pretty. CM9 is gorgeous. Battery life of course is **** like most people mentioned but I'm sure that can be helped over time.

I was wondering if there is a way to ever get our D2 ICS noticed as a device on the web for wireless app installation.

dudemansir

Reaction score
Holy Poor Battery Performance Batman!

Battery performance is the worst I have experienced on any rom thus far.

When connecting to a Wireless network, and adding a password, the "CONNECT" button gets grayed out until you reach a certain amount of characters