D1-MIUI Discussion

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Stop trolling. You don't really get the problems.

Zen, good to hear that development is still going. I will join the Google Code project as well.

No, the problem is I do 'get' it. Zen was working with mO. It was clear in both of their forums that Zen had shared some of his work with mO. I suppose it's possible that some of the detail work wasn't credited as it should have been but I guess I don't blame the guy. After all aren't we always saying we need to give the devs a break because they work so hard what with jobs, school, and family. mO was releasing changes almost everyday, usually in the middle of the night, and communicating with Zen. Am I supposed to believe that Zen did not know what mO's intentions were. He has (had) his own MIUI release for Christ's sakes. What were the circumstances under which Zen shared v3 anyway?

So don't tell me what I don't know. I have enough trouble remembering what I do know. This whole deal is more sad than anything. mO was doing some good work and seemed to be getting close to a clean MIUI release. I haven't tried Zen's latest release, I'm sure it's fine, but I hate to see ego get in the way of good work.

robyr

Reaction score

Zen, good to hear that development is still going. I will join the Google Code project as well.

No, the problem is I do 'get' it. Zen was working with mO. It was clear in both of their forums that Zen had shared some of his work with mO. I suppose it's possible that some of the detail work wasn't credited as it should have been but I guess I don't blame the guy. After all aren't we always saying we need to give the devs a break because they work so hard what with jobs, school, and family. mO was releasing changes almost everyday, usually in the middle of the night, and communicating with Zen. Am I supposed to believe that Zen did not know what mO's intentions were. He has (had) his own MIUI release for Christ's sakes. What were the circumstances under which Zen shared v3 anyway?

So don't tell me what I don't know. I have enough trouble remembering what I do know. This whole deal is more sad than anything. mO was doing some good work and seemed to be getting close to a clean MIUI release. I haven't tried Zen's latest release, I'm sure it's fine, but I hate to see ego get in the way of good work.

See, this is my problem with you: You claim to know whats going on, but you obviously don't. Zen posted the logs for all to see, and it was CLEAR what happened. I am not going into the details, but the information is out there if you want to read it. So, please, stop posting the same comment in ever MIUI thread. It is obvious to knowledgeable people that you are pretending to understand.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Look this is all being worked out. It's a big misunderstanding and I don't want anyone to put down metickone. He was only trying to continue working on the rom. I just had a problem about the way he handled it by pretty much forking all the work that has been done not only by myself but also others who worked on getting zen-miui the way it is.

The rom will be continued under D1-MIUI and themes will be ported to it.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Everyone enjoys a nice opportunity to troll now and then. Bravo for continuing development on this ROM. I'm excited for the forthcoming release.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - DTJH

Sorry just felt this really needed to be said here.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For my part I apologize for any comments I made ...was a bit fired up when I thought my toys were being taken away

I was worried about you for a sec. Last time I saw someone say "delete me" ...someone did :)

That's why its always better to sit back and wait in these things. Numerous posts were out there saying folks were communicating on the issue. That tends to be a good sign. If the final decision/agreement is made and it then turns out to be really sucky then that's a good time to scream and shout but not while folks are hashing it out. Sometimes that actually can make a bigger issue out of something than it originally was.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried the new MIUI ROM for 2 days, and it did not work out well for me. There were more applications installed, than I remember. It was slower. Things were missing, that was there before. Version 2 still seems the best, in my opinion at this time.

I did notice that more had been translated, so that was good.
Why was the MIUI backup app removed?

Reason why I ask is because I'd like to backup the Home screens, and I'm not sure if My Backup Pro can do that.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I tried the new MIUI ROM for 2 days, and it did not work out well for me. There were more applications installed, than I remember. It was slower. Things were missing, that was there before. Version 2 still seems the best, in my opinion at this time.

I did notice that more had been translated, so that was good.
Why was the MIUI backup app removed?

Reason why I ask is because I'd like to backup the Home screens, and I'm not sure if My Backup Pro can do that.

I thought Miui Backup was still there on newer versions? I'm on 3.1 and it's there anyhow.

MyBackupPro DOES backup your Miui home screens if you backup "Android Home". I tested this and was very pleased to learn that it worked. You can also backup data for Launcher 2.2 in Titanium Backup to back up home screens.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the reply. I installed version 3 over version 2, so as to not have to redo everything (i.e. homescreens), it took me a long while to get everything perfect. Maybe that caused the issues I faced. Knowing I can back up the MIUI homescreens may help me to go back to version 3 or to the next version.dancedroid

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I put shortcuts to SDCARD folders on the homescreen or the Dock? I'd like to put a shortcut to the Downloads folder on the homescreen. Maybe even my nandroid folder, etc.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yes you can. Not in the dock.
Enter edit mode. Press menu
Press add. Select shortcuts.select astro. Pick folder

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GeneRs

Reaction score
Anyone Else Notice this WEIRD remedy to Launcher F/C?

OK... I'm running MIUI V3.2 over V2 over SS4.8. I have been having force closes on Launcher at initial start up. None after that so I can live with it.

HOWEVER!....

When I am using a Live Wallpaper, If I reboot, I get ZERO force closes on the Launcher. I have rebooted several times to check this.

I first noticed it the other night when I was running the LWP that is loaded into SS4.8. Thought it MUST be a fluke. Tonight I modified the Nexus.rs and Background of the LWP. I figured that would surely cause problems. Nope. My Droid is booting MIUI V3.2 with absolutely no f/c on start up.

Weird, I know but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*EDIT -- I should be more specific. If I am running the "Neural Network" LWP I have no force closes at Start Up. - Sorry about that

Last edited:

killjoylm1

Reaction score
OK... I'm running MIUI V3.2 over V2 over SS4.8. I have been having force closes on Launcher at initial start up. None after that so I can live with it.

HOWEVER!....

When I am using a Live Wallpaper, If I reboot, I get ZERO force closes on the Launcher. I have rebooted several times to check this.

I first noticed it the other night when I was running the LWP that is loaded into SS4.8. Thought it MUST be a fluke. Tonight I modified the Nexus.rs and Background of the LWP. I figured that would surely cause problems. Nope. My Droid is booting MIUI V3.2 with absolutely no f/c on start up.

Weird, I know but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*EDIT -- I should be more specific. If I am running the "Neural Network" LWP I have no force closes at Start Up. - Sorry about that

I didn't even think about it, but I have experienced the same thing. Always got a FC before I put on my LWP and then they never happened again. Didn't even think about it till I read your post. Definitely Weird!