D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions

lissa5168

Reaction score
I am really beginning to like this rom! However the one big deal breaker that keeps it from being my full-time choice is with the dialer. With the stock Android dialer (and most custom roms), you can choose which groups you can sync from Google contacts. In MIUI, unless I am missing it, you can't ... ALL your groups are shown and there is no way to hide a group. I have some extended family that I would like to keep contact info for and know who they are when they call, but really don't want them in my day-to-day contact list.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I am really beginning to like this rom! However the one big deal breaker that keeps it from being my full-time choice is with the dialer. With the stock Android dialer (and most custom roms), you can choose which groups you can sync from Google contacts. In MIUI, unless I am missing it, you can't ... ALL your groups are shown and there is no way to hide a group. I have some extended family that I would like to keep contact info for and know who they are when they call, but really don't want them in my day-to-day contact list.

You can create groups within the contacts program and use those. Just create a day to day group, and keep it on your contacts page and when you open contacts from phone it will show this group. Hope this helps.

dblj

Reaction score
When I installed it, I was unable to access my Documents to go. Is there something I can do to fix that?

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
When I installed it, I was unable to access my Documents to go. Is there something I can do to fix that?

I just dl'd the free version and it works for me. I am running 0.12.3.0 just released. Maybe uninstall and reinstall to get rid of potentially bad data that was restored. In the future, this thread is for UI tutorial, not bug tracking. thanks.

Dawg72

Reaction score
I need a link to download the original version 0.1.3.0 so that I can download that one then switch over. Thanks.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I need a link to download the original version 0.1.3.0 so that I can download that one then switch over. Thanks.

That is a typo
Everything you need is on the 0.12.3.2 page

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mkw87

Reaction score
I am having trouble using Titanium Backup to restor some of my apps. Not all of my apps restored during market sync, and Titanium sits on the 'installing' screen forever without installing the app. Any idea? I wiped data and cache before installation of 0.12.3.0 and applied hte 0.12.3.2 patch.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I am having trouble using Titanium Backup to restor some of my apps. Not all of my apps restored during market sync, and Titanium sits on the 'installing' screen forever without installing the app. Any idea? I wiped data and cache before installation of 0.12.3.0 and applied hte 0.12.3.2 patch.

Try downloading the missing apps from the market, and just restore data to the apps that you need the old data from. there was a handful of apps that didn't sync for me also.

mkw87

Reaction score

Try downloading the missing apps from the market, and just restore data to the apps that you need the old data from. there was a handful of apps that didn't sync for me also.

The market would not load, I ended up wiping again and installing all apps through the market / Titanium Backup. Who knows what the issue was.

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
This is a really great thread. I've been dying to try MIUI after reading about it on a number of forums but after downloading it, I found that it was VERY different that most ROMs out there and I needed help. This thread was the ticket.

I also experienced a problem with the acore process stopping. I found the fix too. Open the Contact Storage app and clear the cache. BINGO. All fixed.

This is a beautiful ROM. I'm going to hang on to it for a while and siee if it's the right fit for me. I've been using CM6.1 stable for a while and really like it but MIUI has a lot of nice features too. Thanks to all.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
This is a really great thread. I've been dying to try MIUI after reading about it on a number of forums but after downloading it, I found that it was VERY different that most ROMs out there and I needed help. This thread was the ticket.

I also experienced a problem with the acore process stopping. I found the fix too. Open the Contact Storage app and clear the cache. BINGO. All fixed.

This is a beautiful ROM. I'm going to hang on to it for a while and siee if it's the right fit for me. I've been using CM6.1 stable for a while and really like it but MIUI has a lot of nice features too. Thanks to all.

Welcome aboard, make sure you check out the themes...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/99864-miui-dev-themes.html
Just one of the many great things about this ROM.
You will find a lot of helpful people in the Team D1 MIUI section of DF. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Did you flash the gingerbread keyboard? If so, check out the MIUI Themes thread for a fix zip. I posted it last week, so it should be near the end. It's for version 12.3 but it should work. always make a backup, just in case.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry for asking a Noob question but how do I install either the Chevy or Slayer kernels.
I know just enough to be dangerous. Actually, I am trying to up my game despite having a full time job and 3 kids. Currently on a short layover in NJ and trying to use present free time to try one of the kernels. What I am using presently:

D1
0.12.3.2 update
miui backup

Obvious, but yes, phone is rooted!

SubAtomic Ass Particles!!:rofl3: