D2G GB .607 leak/.608 OTA ISSUES

Cris_09

Reaction score
For me GB has been awesome. I have only had one Issue but this issue is very great for I use my phone for texting 70% of the time. I use Go SMS Pro to do my texting and also the Original Texting App when Go SMS Pro acts funny. ▬>Here is my problem with .607 leak/.608: The Keyboard becomes unresponsive (freezes) and every time I press the Space Bar on the touch or the Slide-out QWERTY keyboard the Keyboard freezes and won't let me type. The keyboard works everywhere else except on the Texting Apps. ... The only way i have found to TEMPORARILY fix this problem is to Reset My phone and/or SBF to Froyo then Update to GB. After the Reset/SBFing the Keyboard works fine for like 15-20 days (I have had to do this 3 times already). It gets ready annoying and frustrating when this happens. IF YOU HAVE A FIX FOR THIS PLEASE SHARE WITH ME, IT WOULD REALLY BE A LOT OF HELP! Thanks in advance! <▬

I thought that the .608 update would of fixed this bug but apparently not :/ (I had to SBF again last night -_-)

having this same exact problem, along with the back light issues. Although, unlike you, I'm finding the freeze/lag to be on the entire phone.
It started when the update first came out. took it to verizon, tech support cleared my keyboard. Worked fine for about 3 weeks, not it's worse than before. I can't type on ANYTHING. not even my note pad. Originally, I was using handcent sms. I deleted it b/c I thought the lag was coming from a handcent bug, but I was wrong.

Went to Verizon on Monday, and the tech guy says they've been getting a loooooot of complaints about this.

I'm really really disliking this new update.

Which input method are you two using by the way? Swype or Motorola's “soft keyboard”? I'm wondering if this might be a bug with the predictive text input database…

I use the soft-keyboard. The first time this happened, I switched to swype but the freezing wuz even worse! (Switching to swype fixed the problem on my dad's Droid X) but I dnt think its js d softkeyboard/swype because even the slide out keyboard gives me d same problem.

Back