D4 pics: Are we closer

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TechnoBuff

[h=1]Droid 4 Spyshots Show-Off the Next Member of the Family (EXCLUSIVE)[/h] By Jon Rettinger on December 30, 2011 in Android
Droid 4 specs have been leaking out all over the place despite the fact that Verizon has yet to officially announce the device. Even though there not yet been a formal announcement, we now have something that pretty much cinches the phones existence: A demo unit.
TechnoBuffalo just managed to get its hands on a Droid 4 demo unit – the kind you see in stores when browsing for a new phone – and while it is not a working handset, we’ve got a much better idea now of its look and feel. As you can see in the gallery below, the keyboard has been significantly redesigned and it looks to be the best one yet on a Droid handset.
The back of the phone has the soft touch feel we’re seeing on more and more phones, but also of interest here if the obvious 4G LTE logo that resides there. While not a huge surprise, it’s nice to see some form of confirmation that this phone will be rocking the higher speed connectivity.
Currently it’s looking more and more likely that the earlier reported specs are correct and that we should see the phone announced and released around mid-January. Possibly at CES 2012?
[h=3]Droid 4 Tech Specs[/h]
  • Android 2.3
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 4-inch qHD screen
  • 16GB of built-in storage
  • microSD expansion
  • 8-megapixel camera with 1080p video recording capabilities
  • HD Front-facing camera for high quality video calls
  • HDMI-out
  • 1785 mAh battery
Are you excited for the Droid 4?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Looking really nice. I might have to play with one before I bite the bullet and use my upgrade on the Galaxy Nexus. I'm interested to see what Motorola does with Android 4.0, I quite liked Gingerblur. I had a D3 and really liked it, but gave it to my sister when the D4 first leaked.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ummm I say its far from razr thin. But still looks nice. =]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

knlin515

Reaction score
I want! The D1 was my first android phone and i hated to get rid of it but the technology was obsolete very quickly. I would give up my TB in a heart beat for a Droid 4

Reaction score
Looks great have a d3 but the only reason I may want this is the better ffc for the video chat and possible longer update lifespan. The D3 has one great thing up its sleeve though and that's the developer named hashcode

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I was more excited back in late November when those specs were newer and the phone was in the stores ready for a black Friday release. This is still a very good phone; maybe the best keyboard unit not out now. But it can't keep that status indefinitely. The D4's specs and tech are getting older and colder by the day while the handsets gather dust in a warehouse. So, no, I'm not really all that excited like I used to be.

Nice pics, though. Only the one I'd most like to see isn't there. Why is vzw so hugger-mugger hush-hush about "What's Behind the Green Door" under the back cover?

Btw, that 1785 ma battery spec is all you get. It can't be removed by its owner. So no extended version for heavy users of LTE and no swapping in a spare for people who travel. Another big reason I'm not so excited.

I want! The D1 was my first android phone and i hated to get rid of it but the technology was obsolete very quickly. I would give up my TB in a heart beat for a Droid 4

Please PM me when that TB is available. I'm interested.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app.)

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I was more excited back in late November when those specs were newer and the phone was in the stores ready for a black Friday release. This is still a very good phone; maybe the best keyboard unit not out now. But it can't keep that status indefinitely. The D4's specs and tech are getting older and colder by the day while the handsets gather dust in a warehouse. So, no, I'm not really all that excited like I used to be.

Nice pics, though. Only the one I'd most like to see isn't there. Why is vzw so hugger-mugger hush-hush about "What's Behind the Green Door" under the back cover?

Btw, that 1785 ma battery spec is all you get. It can't be removed by its owner. So no extended version for heavy users of LTE and no swapping in a spare for people who travel. Another big reason I'm not so excited.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app.)

+1 , the thrill is gone .
See HTC may have Tegra 3 in phone by February .