D4 pics: Are we closer

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
and HTC just announced that their bootloaders will be unlocked
HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

i have really loved motorola, but im definitely thinking about waiting til Q2 if i have to for a good HTC phone, with an unlocked bootloader and a tegra 3

Yeah that is a another reason I don't get to excited about a Moto release , locked boot loaders .
HTC , Sony , Samsung and others do it and on VZW network , so it is not VZW doing it .

I am signig the petetion to Moto asking for a unlock , encourage others to do the same .

avoider03

Reaction score
Although I have been following the Droid 4 news obsessively, the stance of HTC supporting unlocked bootloaders gives me new ideas. I would really like to give HTC my business. If they could offer a Verizon 4g keyboarded Android phone with removable battery, microSD and reasonable specs, I'd be first in line.
I loved my good ol' Touch Pro 2 (but probably wouldn't want to go to a Windows phone now)!

Ihauntu2

Reaction score
These pics are from a Verizon reseller in Illinois. Sorry for quality. This arrived today via UPS.

Unless the specs have changed during this delay, I don't think I'll be interested in a phone that has been collecting dust for 3 months due to a botched launch.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Although I have been following the Droid 4 news obsessively, the stance of HTC supporting unlocked bootloaders gives me new ideas. I would really like to give HTC my business. If they could offer a Verizon 4g keyboarded Android phone with removable battery, microSD and reasonable specs, I'd be first in line.

+1
& Amen! But you'd have to fight me for that first spot. ;>)

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

tuffD1

Reaction score
+1
& Amen! But you'd have to fight me for that first spot. ;>)

( By DX w/DF app. )

While you and avoider03 are fighting over that first spot, I will slip ahead and take the first spot. Just don't fight in front of the doorway when I exit with my D4. I don't wanna break it.

Sent from my ProjElite Droid¹

B-Unit

Reaction score
+1. Almost exactly the way the Nexus release played out. Are you thinking February 2nd is the magic day? It is a Thursday....
If this were 'exactly like the Nexus release' then launch day would be tomorrow, i.e. the day after they acknowledged said phone would even be released. .

TC_Mits

Reaction score
While you and avoider03 are fighting over that first spot, I will slip ahead and take the first spot. Just don't fight in front of the doorway when I exit with my D4. I don't wanna break it.

Sent from my ProjElite Droid¹

Not to worry. We won't be in the same line. The D4 isn't worth fussing over.

But if HTC offers a 1.5x1.5 quad slider world phone with unlocked bootloader, ICS, a real battery, and SD card support -- 'Now that's what we're talking about!' ...hope it has HDMI...

Btw - don't take the OTA for that D1.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

tuffD1

Reaction score
Not to worry. We won't be in the same line. The D4 isn't worth fussing over.

But if HTC offers a 1.5x1.5 quad slider world phone with unlocked bootloader, ICS, a real battery, and SD card support -- 'Now that's what we're talking about!' ...hope it has HDMI...

Btw - don't take the OTA for that D1.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Well with a HTC device like you just mentioned, we may have to knuckle up for that first spot. No punching in the face though.
No updates for me. Very happy with Project Elite v6.5 :)

Sent from my ProjElite D¹