[ROM] D4 stock De-Odexed JB 98.72.18

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Just a plus one on the RAZR Blade utility rooting the D4 OTA if anyone was worried. Just follow the dirextions in the utility snd you are good to go :)
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Just thought I would mention that I had to dl Superuser from Market to use root with this. Smooth sailing, thanks myfishbear!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

jmagi

Reaction score
how do install this? can i just flash it in recovery? i dont have any custom recovery installed. just wondering if this mis the file i need to manually update from ics?

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

clowe

Reaction score
I deleted my stock Rom in safe strap 3.11 to install a custom Rom in that slot and that didn't work. How do I reinstall the stock Rom so I can put the JB leak on my phone? I know safestrap has to be uninstall, but since my stock Rom is deleted I don't want to get stuck or bricked.

kenji91

Reaction score
how do install this? can i just flash it in recovery? i dont have any custom recovery installed. just wondering if this mis the file i need to manually update from ics?

As long as you haven't made any changes to your stock ROM, you should be able to just flash this update in recovery (not safestrap). Just download the JB OTA file and put it on your sdcard (external), reboot to recovery, and install from your external card.

If you're like me and made changes, you're going to have to SBF to stock ICS217 and then flash the JB OTA.

Don't forget to root/temp unroot with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper if you want to keep root! I'm not sure if the ICS method of rooting works on JB.

Mike253

Reaction score
I deleted my stock Rom in safe strap 3.11 to install a custom Rom in that slot and that didn't work. How do I reinstall the stock Rom so I can put the JB leak on my phone? I know safestrap has to be uninstall, but since my stock Rom is deleted I don't want to get stuck or bricked.

Did you delete the stock ROM?
Usually if you did that it'd mean you'd have to go in through rsd lite and try sbfing you're phone back..
If not, you're probably bricked.

Wait until people confirm what I just said and then proceed from there because that is all speculation up there ^^

kenji91

Reaction score
Did you delete the stock ROM?
Usually if you did that it'd mean you'd have to go in through rsd lite and try sbfing you're phone back..
If not, you're probably bricked.

Wait until people confirm what I just said and then proceed from there because that is all speculation up there ^^

The OTA update will fail if you modified your stock ROM. I'm not sure what it looks for specifically but if you froze, uninstalled, or modified any of the parts that it verifies, the update will fail. Your best bet is to do what I did.

Go to the stock ROM.

1) Download the JB OTA and save it to your external sd card.
2) Uninstall Safestrap Recovery (within the app itself) and then uninstall Safestrap.
3) Download Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, temp unroot (assuming you were rooted; if not, root, then temp unroot).
4) Fastboot and use SBF using RSDLite and the ICS217 SBF file (or GB if you're still on that).
5) Fastboot and install the JB OTA zip file from your sd card.
You should now be on JB OTA!
6) Download Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper again, re-root.
7) Install Superuser/SuperSU (if it's not installed), BusyBox, and Safestrap if desired.
8) Have fun with new ROMs.

Keep in mind that only ROMs with the JB kernel or kexec kernel will work. You cannot revert to any ICS kernel ROM.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score

Is it possible to delete the stock rom from safestrap?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
That link takes me to OTA version Blur_Version.6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip which is ICS so why is it listed under the JBOTA directory? :blink:

Verizon names their update packages for the version that you are upgrading from. That's why it has the name of the ICS version that its intended to upgrade you from. Kinda weird, but, true.

jmagi

Reaction score
Reflashed with stock ics and then did the update. Rooted with razr blade. Feels slightly sleeker and responsive than ics. A couple minor issues are now gone too. Seems like the device gsm is totally unlocked now.. I could be wrong.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Verizon names their update packages for the version that you are upgrading from. That's why it has the name of the ICS version that its intended to upgrade you from. Kinda weird, but, true.

Thanks! It's been so long since the Droid 4 got an update OTA that I've forgotten a lot.

jmagi

Reaction score
Thanks! It's been so long since the Droid 4 got an update OTA that I've forgotten a lot.

Yeah same. Nothing a little Google wouldn't fix. Still had the apps and drivers installed on my PC too. Wasn't sure where to start, but a good f it let's do this worked in my favour lol