Data Plans W/Verizon

Bethany

Reaction score
I just picked up my Droid Incredible today and was playing around with it. When I went to check my plan, I have used up most of my 700 minutes. I thought with the data plan, going online, etc was unlimited and it was just the minutes I used was for calling people that wasn't on my plan. Where did I go wrong?

I'll go in to the Verizon store tomorrow to figure things out, but not impressed with a 30 dollar data plan if I can't use it.

Love the phone, I wasn't prepared to go through 500 minutes just doing some simple things.

Thanks

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Enjoy your stay!
You're correct in your first statement, data and voice are completely different things. If you're on the 29.99 data plan, it is unlimited. Were your minutes prorated?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
B

Bethany

Reaction score
Don't know if the minutes were prorated.

I had checked my Verizon account to see if my phone was in and about fell over on the minute usage. I had downloaded a few apps. Then I realized my son without my knowledge had signed in on Facebook but hadn't signed out and it had probably been on for hours. Would that have done it?

3G has probably been on since it was activated this afternoon. I've never had a smartphone so I wouldn't know what needs turned off/on to do things.

DH and I just switched over on Sun to a family plan w/two phones. I upgraded my 2 year old phone today to the Droid Incredible and kept the same phone number.

I don't talk to other people as my family are all on Verizion so I wondered why the sudden increase on minutes.

When I switched to another part of the Verizon site to see if there was more information, a screen came up and said it couldn't find my account. All it says is there was an error and when I try to log in, it continues to say that.

Would I be able to see if there was a data plan added and maybe it hasn't hence the minute usage?

Since I can't get in via the internet, I'll have to go up and talk to a rep at the store.

Would using bluetooth mess with the minutes? DH has bluetooth enabled on his new car (never had bluetooth before) and we've been using it the past couple of weeks.

I'm just grateful I caught the minute usage today.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
no hon only calls will use up minutes. you can log on verizon wireless and view all of your minutes usage.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The only thing that will use your minutes is talking. Facebook would be data and is unlimited. 3G can also stay on and doesn't cost anything extra. The website has been having some problems with certain parts but is being worked on. A rep would be able to pull up your usage and see which numbers are costing you minutes though. How far into your bill cycle are you?

Don't know if the minutes were prorated.

I had checked my Verizon account to see if my phone was in and about fell over on the minute usage. I had downloaded a few apps. Then I realized my son without my knowledge had signed in on Facebook but hadn't signed out and it had probably been on for hours. Would that have done it?

3G has probably been on since it was activated this afternoon. I've never had a smartphone so I wouldn't know what needs turned off/on to do things.

DH and I just switched over on Sun to a family plan w/two phones. I upgraded my 2 year old phone today to the Droid Incredible and kept the same phone number.

I don't talk to other people as my family are all on Verizion so I wondered why the sudden increase on minutes.

When I switched to another part of the Verizon site to see if there was more information, a screen came up and said it couldn't find my account. All it says is there was an error and when I try to log in, it continues to say that.

Would I be able to see if there was a data plan added and maybe it hasn't hence the minute usage?

Since I can't get in via the internet, I'll have to go up and talk to a rep at the store.

Would using bluetooth mess with the minutes? DH has bluetooth enabled on his new car (never had bluetooth before) and we've been using it the past couple of weeks.

I'm just grateful I caught the minute usage today.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah it is def either prorated or an error somewhere. Minutes, like the previous poster said, can only, only, only be used by talking. Then there's texts, and everything else is data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App