Diet Droid "slimmed" D2G ROM

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
woah ... ahhh .. not cool... loaded up this download link and the boot animation from the first one wasnt the one that showed up .. got the shimering android from fission .. can you send me a dl link to the green droid does boot animation that was on the first one?

Here is a .zip to install that original boot animation for anyone that wants it
Grn_Liquid Boot_Animation.zip

Also, if coming from stock 2.4.330, The latest 4.13.11.v5 does indeed work as a ROM install without the need to wipe data/cache. Be patient, the first time the boot animation takes a while to finish. Some apps may no longer show up since the files were removed for flash

kickyindahead

Reaction score
woah ... ahhh .. not cool... loaded up this download link and the boot animation from the first one wasnt the one that showed up .. got the shimering android from fission .. can you send me a dl link to the green droid does boot animation that was on the first one?

Here is a .zip to install that original boot animation for anyone that wants it

Also, if coming from stock 2.4.330, The latest 4.13.11.v5 does indeed work as a ROM install without the need to wipe data/cache. Be patient, the first time the boot animation takes a while to finish. Some apps may no longer show up since the files were removed for flash

thank you very much . imo this is the best boot animation ive seen so far ... next to propaganda (works well with liberty) anyway... going from stock rom is where i think iwent wrong .. also is there any other contact or dialer apps that you might recommend other than the go dev team ones .. i didnt quite like the feel of them.. maybe it just takes some getting used to .. but it wouldnt let me edit or join any of my contacts with my facebook peoples.. and thanks for all your hard work .. good job and thanks again for the boot animation .. i love it!

ps .. wouldnt let me download the zip .. says Firefox can't find the server at b9goc9gjlgog.

Last edited:

kickyindahead

Reaction score
never mind about the boot animation zip .. i pulled it from the original rom... damn im geting better at this kind of stuff hahah

gr... nvm .. didnt work like i thought it would

eqforus5

Reaction score
Can the current diet driod be installed over Liberty or do I need to sbf back to stock? Once I flash diet driod can I reflash Liberty 2.0.1?

kickyindahead

Reaction score
ps .. wouldnt let me download the zip .. says Firefox can't find the server at b9goc9gjlgog.
I just used the link I posted and it worked fine. Here it is again without the hyperlink.
or

hope that helped
-Ultim8gamr

ok .. thanks .. got it to download .. other than go sms and contacts .. is there any other contact apps that anyone knows of that are really good .. i didnt quite like the feel of the go dev one right off hand ..

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I dont know of any good dialers and contacts apps but it would be good for people to start posting good alternatives to blur for future reference. what is everyone using?!
I recommend going to the Android Market website and doing a search for Dialer or SMS, a lot comes up but I haven't tried many of them. The GO products run much smoother than the Go launcher if that is your fear.
I do know that Handcent is highly used for SMS.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
i used handcent sms for a while .. but after a while i reverted back to stock for some reason .. i liked handcent sms though ..

nova77

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble browsing using miren? Or browsing the internet in general?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this rom has a grey or a black bar? Just curious, I am using liberty right now and the only reason I haven't switched is because I want to see what the GRD team comes up with in the next couple of weeks. However, if this rom truly is the most stable AND has a black pull-down then I must just go ahead and flash it anyway since liberty does have a couple of bugs that are annoying.

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
Can anyone tell me if this rom has a grey or a black bar? Just curious, I am using liberty right now and the only reason I haven't switched is because I want to see what the GRD team comes up with in the next couple of weeks. However, if this rom truly is the most stable AND has a black pull-down then I must just go ahead and flash it anyway since liberty does have a couple of bugs that are annoying.

This is stock, therefore it has a white bar and white pulldown.
On a a slightly unrelated note: What are the annoying bugs in Liberty? Other than sensors being disabled?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
The two biggest issues I am having are: a) the auto rotate will switch to landscape but will not revert back once you turn the phone right side up or slide the keyboard back in. b) the camcorder doesn't work. And c) the backlights for the soft keys and the slide out keyboard don't work. This isn't a huge issue since there are backlight control apps but it is pretty inconvenient since you cannot activate them while you are in the middle of something else. It would just be nice to have all basic features but like I said, I am stcking with this until GRD releases something truly epic. If you know of any fixes for either of these issues please let me know, thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I spent all weekend custamizing the deit rom. To make a long story short I was tweeking this and freezing that when I had to charge my phone. Noticed it wasn't charging, freeked out restored my liberty nandroid in haste not saving what I had done. Come to find out my charger had come out from the plug. Damnit now I have to start all over again.

On topic there are some very good camcorder app in the market that you can replace the blur one with. As far as the light have you checked all of your setting to make sure everything is settup. Sometimes we miss the obvious.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums