Do I really need a new ROM?

USAFgunner

Reaction score
I just got a replacement x I had vanilla rom on my other x with black glass theme...after I overwrote the new rom I was a little dissatisfied because vanilla took my swype away and visual voice mail and a few other things I liked. I tried to get vvm back but the app market said their version want compatible with my phone...luckily it came back with black glass.

My question is, is it really worth it to burn a new rom if I am satisfied with the verizon rom? Mostly I just want themes...if I root again and just install themes will I still be able to receive OTA updates on verizons rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

citanes-26

Reaction score
Root it, make a backup, customize away, then you will be able to get back to stock real easily

luv2increase

Reaction score
You can disable the stock vvm app in the build.prop file and then install the vvm app from the market.

I love vvm from the market but literally can't stand the cheap stock vvm app on the Droid x.

Also, if you installed drod928 black glass theme over a vanilla ROM, you no longer have a vanilla ROM! lol

The main thing is to do what makes you happy. If you don't like getting every bit of performance and functionality out of your Droid X, then just keep it stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

citanes-26

Reaction score
Very true, make it work for you!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I second what zerosouls said, "who cares what we think."

If you want themes, just do a theme, no need for the ROM.

JMO:)

Stolas

Reaction score
I was a little dissatisfied because vanilla took my swype away and visual voice mail and a few other things I liked. I tried to get vvm back but the app market said their version want compatible with my phone...luckily it came back with black glass.

Why not use google voice?