Do rooted Thunderbolts have this feature?

kevinyoki

Reaction score
The recent update gave me the quick settings tab, but I wanted this the most:

View attachment 42006

Look at my poor illustration.
Rooted phones look pretty and all, and my phone with extended battery could certainly handle it, but the only thing that will make me root is if it gives me the ability to skip songs from the notifications window. I use the google navigator in landscape mode, and I would love it if I didn't have to open the music app, turn it right side up, and press the forward button every time I wanted to skip a song. Thanks.

Last edited:

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with root, that has everything to do with the ROM version. You can root and keep your current ROM with the quick settings feature.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

OP
K

kevinyoki

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know that but that wasn't my question.

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
that is entirely in how the app displays it's menu there. it has nothing to do with the root OR the rom

so the answer is no, not until HTC puts that feature in it's music player. or until someone out there makes a modification for the music player app to add that feature. but it doesn't just magically and automatically appear there after rooting and/or flashing a different rom

OP
K

kevinyoki

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I might root my phone anyway. Nicer looking and free hotspot.

OP
K

kevinyoki

Reaction score
never mind, I found an app that does exactly this. widgetsoid, if you want to know. It has bugs though.