Do you own a Moto X? Will you upgrade to the 2015 version?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Moto X owners, will you be upgrading to the 3rd gen version?

According to this report, it will be released in August or September.

Caesars

Reaction score
Depending on the g4 real world results, this could be awesome.

Although I became a LG fanboy because of the g3... Chances are the g4 will be in my pocket shortly.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I absolutely love my gen 1 X so this new one looks like my next phone. I use Moto assist everyday so I'm hooked on Motos for that reason.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife loves her Moto X Gen 1 and swears to this day that it is the best phone she has ever owned. I was really torn between it and the Droid Maxx. She says she is never giving up her custom designed X but I think when the 2015 comes out and she sees the awesome new battery life she might be persuaded to get the new 2015 X. Sounds like another killer phone in the Moto X line.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If the battery is what they say, then I'll be tempted to get one.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had the 1st gen and loved everything about it but the size (too small, especially coming from the Note line). Had 2nd Gen and liked the size but disliked the screen and battery ... Now have the Nexus 6 and love everything but really want the Moto X "goodies"! If the 3rd Gen X improves battery life and screen, then I will seriously consider it! The Moto X "secret sauce" is that good IMO

mugz91

Reaction score
Heck, no.
I still absolutely love my 2013 Dev. Edition.
You guys know me, I won't upgrade until my phone dies and I am unable to Frankenstein it (unless something comes along to absolutely blow me away).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
2013? Hehe we know how you roll brother.. good for you! I'm very happy with the Nexus 6.. I'm with @YankInDaSouth the size and screen didn't look right to me for 2nd... 5.5 is as low I'd like to go..

Tapped by NexusSix

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
if thats true about the august /september range that would be perfect for me. i get home in sep/oct range. i'm still runing the OG Moto X? lol. didnt go for the 2014. but 2015 is lookin really good....

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I owned the first gen Moto X and now rocking the N6. I'm starting to like Motos push on devices. Although, I will probably not be getting it on release as I still love my N6. Probably around either next Xmas or the next iteration at that point.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I may wait for the next Note before deciding to upgrade to the 2015 X. Maybe a new Nexus device will be out as well.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The two versions they're releasing do sound intriguing. I'm still rockin' my OG Moto X and have no complaints. I like the size and that's about the only thing I'm not all that crazy about with the new crop...they just sound like they'll be so big. Guess I won't truly know until I can mess with one though.

I'd like to say I'll get one but unless I fall into a pile of money or Motorola has some crazy insane deal quickly, it just won't happen for me. Though the introductory price is pretty good for such a stout device.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
The camera is really the only thing I find disappointing about the 2014 X. And since the Note 5 pictures leaked showing no microSD card slot support (but that's official yet), the X Style may have it's ace in the hole.