Does Foxfi work with ICS 232?

brunla

Reaction score
I seem to be reading conflicting reports. This is important before I update. Foxfi is something I use regularly and it needs to work.
What are people's experience on 232?

I tried foxfi last night and there was a comment that after you install foxfi reboot the phone, go into foxfi rename the wifi and then turn it on it will work and it did for me on .232

Sent from my Xoom using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip on renaming the wifi!

I tried foxfi last night and there was a comment that after you install foxfi reboot the phone, go into foxfi rename the wifi and then turn it on it will work and it did for me on .232

Sent from my Xoom using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Not stable or consistent is not good. Need to have it working all the time. So much for 232. Darn it.

It does work. Not very stable or consistant though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Works just fine for me

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

Didn't work for me, had to do the entitlement hack to get tethering

tennvol said:
Didn't work for me, had to do the entitlement hack to get tethering

I've got the ICS .232 leak on my Bionic and FoxFi works great on mine. By the way, my phone is rooted if that helps anyone else out.

Hopefully we will get a better wifi tether once the official ota has rolled out

Works great for me. My friends with iPhones at work love connecting to it :)

For those that are rooted may I ask why you don't just edit the stock tether app? Or even root, edit then unroot?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Foxfi worked for me but I only tested for a minute as I always do in case i need in a jam... Speed fine etc. I used the generic ics setting.

______
Bionic. ICS leak 6.7.232 Rooted/"stock"

Foxfi works perfectly fine for me. I cleared the cache on my phone when I went to 232 but I didn't factory reset. I had no problem just installing it and messing with the settings on the first Page (name/password) and it worked like a charm

Back