Does shell come off when force dropped? Does screen get scratched without a screen protector

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I normally get comment and questions about my Z Force when using the light Oak colored style shell Mod. People ask if it's a real wood back and then when I show them the style shell conecpt, they say...."oh yeah, that phone that you can snap extra stuff on the back. How do you like it?"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you could have replaced the backcovers on the first few samsung notes. this was similar to the shell style concept. now you can only do it with cases :-( moto is ahead of the game with this.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto is ahead of the game in a lot of things Android related, but gets very little credit. Except for the few of us tech nerds that have owned them, and other phones, and can see their new functionality become stock Android year after year.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've been testing Android Auto and the #1 thing I want from it is text message assistance.
It's embarrassing how much better Moto's Drive handles inbound texting.
On AA, I hear no notification and a message is displayed onscreen. I have to interact with it by either touching Play, or saying "Ok Google, Play that message".
Of course I don't need to explain to my Moto-ites how ours works. I can't believe no other company offers anything close.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've been testing Android Auto and the #1 thing I want from it is text message assistance.
It's embarrassing how much better Moto's Drive handles inbound texting.
On AA, I hear no notification and a message is displayed onscreen. I have to interact with it by either touching Play, or saying "Ok Google, Play that message".
Of course I don't need to explain to my Moto-ites how ours works. I can't believe no other company offers anything close.

Update my drop tests have not scratched the screen but the black paint on the edges has been chipping away

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Both my bottom corners are scratched up. I don't care. Screen isn't cracked.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Update my drop tests have not scratched the screen but the black paint on the edges has been chipping away

You really drop-tested your brand new phone on purpose? o_O

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You really drop-tested your brand new phone on purpose? o_O
Yep, it drops all the time when I sit down and it falls out if pocket. That's why I need unbreakable phones or protector cases or an elastic band on the thing lol

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Yep, it drops all the time when I sit down and it falls out if pocket. That's why I need unbreakable phones or protector cases or an elastic band on the thing lol

sounds like you need a retractable leash for your phone. you can get them at amazon :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
How do people NOT drop thier phones. This is incomprehensible to me. Dropped mine an hour ago. Wife called and phone is in my coat pocket. I'm carrying a router and power cable one hand, I reach in my pocket which is torn inside. So I fumble around in there trying not to accidentally answer the call and out it comes. Out of my hand and falling to the asphalt driveway. Stuck my foot out to try and cushion the blow.
How? How does this stuff never happen to some people? It's mystifying.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have owned my Z Force for about a year now and only dropped it twice. My Turbo 2....owned it a little over a year and dropped it once or twice.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like showing off how indestructible the turbo and force are , it a kick at parties