Doesn't the qhd screen scare anyone?

Reaction score
This argument is the equivalent of the pc gamers wanting games to play at 150-200 fps even though its been proven that the human eye can't really notice the difference in anything over 60 fps.

The X2's screen results in a higher resolution, better battery life and increased functionality when using it outdoors. All for the minor cost of a little pixelation.

That suits me because its a phone first and foremost, and one of my main requirements in a phone is to be able to actually use it outside without straining to see the display.
Sent from my DROID X2

+1

Ive mentioned this throughout the years of smartphone innovation, that not one spec, boast, or positive review revolves around call sound quality or improved phone functionality on your smartPHONE = )

wseyller

Reaction score
Even though I am negative about the screen I will still get this phone. I just giving my opinion from what I seen from the X2. I noticed it the first millisecond I looked at it. I will get used to it and live with the screen the best I can. And the outdoors side of it is great. This phone is just gonna be too good for me to pass.

billyk

Reaction score
Regarding the OP's post, I am not "scared" of what the Bionic screen looks like, but frankly I am a little concerned if the screen is significantly pixelated. The Super Amoled Plus screen is supposed to do well in the sun (maybe not quite as good as the pentile type), and everyone I know who has seen the SAP screen RAVES that it's drop-dead gorgeous. For me, that matters.

I know the Samsung Galaxy S2 is probably going to be 3G, but still, if it's release date were to be anywhere near the Bionic date, I'd have to give the Sammy a serious hands-on once-over. For me, the quality of the display is right up there with other top characteristics of smartphones.

I expect to be visiting the VZW store later today for a phone for my daughter. I look forward to seeing the qHD on the D3. Maybe pentile is not as pixelated as some report? Hope so!

Java

Reaction score
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?idwww.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=1524&id[]=3160&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

Can't wait to compare my current phone to the new Droid Bionic when it's up. Upgrading from a 240x400 pixel 3'' 18-bit screen will make a lot of things look beautiful.

But I could really care less about the display being slightly pixelated if I can read it outdoors. It's really hard to read outdoors on phones, but inside you can always hook up the Bionic to an HDMI port if you want to watch in HD.

Last edited:

bplewis24

Reaction score
My D1 screens does look alot better than the X2. Now if I had used a phone with a crappy display for two years I may have not noticed the pixelation of the X2

That's it. I'm going into a store and taking my D1 with me and if the X2 is clearly superior to it I'm coming back to this thread and flaming the hell out of everybody (not really, but I will act very mad) :icon_evil:

Brandon

wseyller

Reaction score
My D1 screens does look alot better than the X2. Now if I had used a phone with a crappy display for two years I may have not noticed the pixelation of the X2

That's it. I'm going into a store and taking my D1 with me and if the X2 is clearly superior to it I'm coming back to this thread and flaming the hell out of everybody (not really, but I will act very mad) :icon_evil:

Brandon

Be my guest. At first I thought there was no way. I even looked at two X2 from two different stores. It clear and sharp, but it has a mesh look.

Reaction score
I expect to be visiting the VZW store later today for a phone for my daughter. I look forward to seeing the qHD on the D3. Maybe pentile is not as pixelated as some report? Hope so!

D3 shouldnt be in stores until thursday... retail launch is the 14th..

billyk

Reaction score

D3 shouldnt be in stores until thursday... retail launch is the 14th..

Yep, that's when VZW will have stock in-store. As of now, they have demos in the store and if you purchase, it's shipped to you. I called my local store earlier today. That's the scoop!

Reaction score
Ahh good show. I would not have gone so far as to call. But I guess I can see them have a demo and NOT the unit for sale.lol

alienware777

Reaction score
So the Bionic has a better screen than the D1. Tell me again why everyone is saying they won't buy it because of the screen? Sure its not top notch, but its still very good.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vito.a

Reaction score
I stopped by our local Verizon store and they don't even have a demo Droid 3. He said maybe Tuesday late, but for sure Thursday.

A2Aegis

Reaction score
So the Bionic has a better screen than the D1. Tell me again why everyone is saying they won't buy it because of the screen? Sure its not top notch, but its still very good.

You know this... how?

wseyller

Reaction score
In the D3 forum there is also a discussion from D3 owners. Most or all seem fine with the screen. Some notice the pixelation but are happy with the screen overall. Don't know if the extra size of the X2 and bionic makes any difference though.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Message from Winston25 from HoFo.

Battery:
1735mAh is a huge battery, why is anyone complaining?

And it wasn't downgraded, remember the Etna (old Bionic) was a different phone. For Targa, the biggest battery that can fit in the industrial design was choosen.
Pentile Display:
And please, for the love of everything stop with the stupid display comments. Seriously, it is beyond old. Especially since I know what the issues are and that over half the people complaining can't see them. Under a microscope is just crazy (what, do you carry a microscope in your back pocket). It is just amazing what you can see if you know what to look for and look really hard. It is like TV and the 120MHz displays, and now 240MHz displays. 60MHz was more than good enough for most people, until they were convinced it wasn't.

Omap4:
On the processors, can't we just leave it that the part is OMAP4? Manufacturers always bin parts, it is part of the normal manufacturing process. Explaining what it does and how it works is a really long email. Do some Google searches and learn if you care that much, there is a lot written because hackers wanted to understand it so they could figure out how how they could overclock their PCs.

Just wait, I expect to see some leaks pretty soon from the Verizon testers. There always is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Message from Winston25 from HoFo.

Battery:
1735mAh is a huge battery, why is anyone complaining?

And it wasn't downgraded, remember the Etna (old Bionic) was a different phone. For Targa, the biggest battery that can fit in the industrial design was choosen.
Pentile Display:
And please, for the love of everything stop with the stupid display comments. Seriously, it is beyond old. Especially since I know what the issues are and that over half the people complaining can't see them. Under a microscope is just crazy (what, do you carry a microscope in your back pocket). It is just amazing what you can see if you know what to look for and look really hard. It is like TV and the 120MHz displays, and now 240MHz displays. 60MHz was more than good enough for most people, until they were convinced it wasn't.

Omap4:
On the processors, can't we just leave it that the part is OMAP4? Manufacturers always bin parts, it is part of the normal manufacturing process. Explaining what it does and how it works is a really long email. Do some Google searches and learn if you care that much, there is a lot written because hackers wanted to understand it so they could figure out how how they could overclock their PCs.

Just wait, I expect to see some leaks pretty soon from the Verizon testers. There always is.

I actually found this among hofos horrible nav in the targa release thread haha... gettin me all mad that these testers arent as eager to leak photos as eager as we are to see them