Dolphin Browser unstable after 6.0 upgrade

silverfang77

Reaction score
Dolphin Browser ran nearly flawlessly under Lollipop 5.0.1 on my Note Edge. After the upgrade to 6.0.1, it started crashing a lot and not rendering webpages properly anymore. This was a fresh install after a factory data reset.

Is Dolphin known to have problems with Marshmallow, or am I just unlucky?

Thank you.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I use Dolphin daily on my note 4. Haven't seen any issues that you are talking about. I use it because flash still works in it. Have you wiped the apps data or reinstalled?

Sent from my Note 4

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It was a fresh install after a factory data reset to get the 6.0 update.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man, this was the first "go to" app ever for me when I got into Android back with the Motorola droid in 2009. Just came off the iPhone 3gs with pinch to zoom and this provided that experience for me that was not native to the droid at that time, as well as the ability to change from mobile to desktop browser for the full webpage.
Over the years chrome replaced the stock browser and I just haven't been back. Glad to see dolphin browser is still kicking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It is a nice browser. I love it because it acts like a desktop browser. However, it seems to be allergic to Marshmallow.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, this was the first "go to" app ever for me when I got into Android back with the Motorola droid in 2009. Just came off the iPhone 3gs with pinch to zoom and this provided that experience for me that was not native to the droid at that time, as well as the ability to change from mobile to desktop browser for the full webpage.
Over the years chrome replaced the stock browser and I just haven't been back. Glad to see dolphin browser is still kicking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
But you were coming from Safari. Anything is better than Safari, especially back then.
I stopped using Dolphin a while back when it became bug laden but I'll have to give it another shot, especially since my Note4 is AT&T and the chances of getting M are pretty darn slim.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
But you were coming from Safari. Anything is better than Safari, especially back then.
I stopped using Dolphin a while back when it became bug laden but I'll have to give it another shot, especially since my Note4 is AT&T and the chances of getting M are pretty darn slim.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yes I did come from safari but one it wasn't that bad back then considering there weren't many options. And I was also comparing to the stock browser that came with the Motorola droid at launch. Plus I'll admit I was an iPhone fanboy angry the droid did not do what my iPhone did. Wasn't long before I went "i-who, yeah I'm liking Android and have no desire to go back".

I'm just glad that Android actually got to a point where it meet and succeeds the iPhone in many areas. For awhile the arguments were aways "but Android can't do this, but Android don't have this, but Android lags", and at the time they were right. Here we are with Android devices that don't lag and have more features than the iPhone and more choice options. Dolphin browser for me was the beginning example as that was a choice where Android users could choose something other than the stock browser. Something I could not do on the iPhone then.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk