Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

droid4607

Reaction score
im Frank from New Orleans, Louisiana. Had a few smart phones for a couple of years. Before i got the Droid after my girl and i fell in love with it, we had each had a Palm Centro. Not a bad phone, but we need more. The Droid got our attention because of the keyboard. Big + in our book. Not to mention we HATE the iphone. I dont really know what else to say besides that i love the Droid and everything it does.

I love music, tattoos and piercings.

And im proud to be a Droid user.

sirfunbear

Reaction score
Glad to be here

I just moved from the I760 to the Droid. Big learning curve! Hopefully I'm not too much of a "troll" as one poster so eloquently put it.:icon_ banana:

Dirge

Reaction score
Hey peeps,how's it going? My name is Hans or you can call me Drige. :) I got my Droid a few weeks ago and loving it! The first android device I wanted to get was the HTC Hero(saw the Euro version on youtube). I was waiting anxiously for it to come to Verizon for months. Got kinda down when I heard it was coming to Sprint, then happy when I heard it was coming to Verizon as well. And then...Droid came. At first, I didn't like the look of it. Looked too...bleh. But then I saw what it was capable of doing and I was hooked on it. I came from an LG Dare. It was an okay phone. I wanted something greater. Therefore,I got the Droid. I haven't been happier with a phone before. D: But I'm looking forward to Android 2.1 and whatever it may bring. I'm also looking forward to learning more about my Droid and know it inside and out. :]

TheNewDroidOrder

Reaction score
Hello Droid Community!

I have the Motorola Droid and it is by far, the most enjoyable and amazing phone I have owned yet! I had purchased a Blackberry Storm just four months ago and thought I had arrived! I really enjoyed the Blackberry because like Droid users, there are many many websites that support and contribute and offer hacks for the Blackberry and you feel like you belong to a community of friends. Once I read up on the Droid I was convinced I was mistaken! I had yet another step to make to truly be on top! So, being the techno geek that I am I had to have a Droid! Luckily I was able to manipulate the upgrades on the phones on my account and just four months after having upgraded to the Blackberry I got my Droid. It was love at first sight. LOL

I am exicited already as I have been able to fully customize this phone and every day I learn something new about it, or I find a new program that is useful or just plain neat. I am glad I found a forum that I am comfortable with to learn even more about my Droid and that I feel I can contribute to as well. I hope to become well seasoned on here and be able to help others along the way.

Thank you all for your time! You will be seeing me here and there soon!

"Its a New Droid Order!"
:icon_ banana:

-Hence the name....LOL-

Reaction score
Greetings, New Droid user here, I have had blackberry's before....This is by far my most exciting toy!!! I am in need of help!
Hope to learn alot here...

DrDiff

Reaction score
LONG time Verizon customer, New to smart phones. Will not give Verizon $299 for the phone only to get a $100 rebate card. Not when you can get the Droid on line for $149... Was thinking about the BOGO deal.. But I don't want to give my lady an Eris. My new every two was up 10 months ago and I will wait for the price to come down further...

808Bladerunner

Reaction score
Aloha, It will be exactly a month tomorrow since i got our Droid (1 for me and 1 for wife). Previous smart phone was Palm Treo running windows mobile. Nice phone and OS, but the Droid takes Handhelds to another level. In the month that i've had it, i have copied my itunes library, loaded 1000 family pics, setup all my email accounts, and now loading HQ movies from the Droid Forum. AWESOME.

jroll13

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my motorola droid this week and switching from an env2. This is my first smartphone and have been wanting a phone similar to the iphone that wasn't apple and on verizon. I love the droid so far.

rabbie303

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I just picked up my Moto Droid a few hours ago and love it! I have been a very long time Blackberry user and decided to make the switch. I hope to learn everything I can about my phone. Any tips or help or must-have apps I should have, please let me know. Glad to be part of the community.

Droid Dude

Reaction score
Hey all, I got my Droid the day it came out with utmost excitement as this is my first Smart phone. Long time Verizon customer and converted from the original Envy. Hope to make some new friends and learn all I can about the awesomeness of this phone.

aacanela73

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Alisha and I actually sell phones for a Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. I just switched from my Blackberry curve to the moto droid and am finding I have a love hate relationship with it. In so many ways the droid is phenominal copaired to the curve but there are still a few things I can't figure out how to do. So I'm here looking to give advice as well as recieve some in return!! Glad to meet you all!:p

tmpk

Reaction score
hey folks

New to forum had the phone for about a month now......love it with the exception of the eml thing

Hawa

Reaction score
Hello & Voicemail Issue

I just returned my iPhone to AT&T this weekend and then marched on over to Verizon to purchase the Droid. So far, it is pretty cool. I do miss certain aspects of the iPhone but the Droid is growing on me. To be honest, the only reason I switched is b/c my calls kept getting dropped on my iPhone. So far, the Droid is working well EXCEPT it refuses to let me setup the voicemail. Has anyone had that issue? The store peeps think the number is still being ported over but I'm not sure they know what they are talking about. It has been 48 hours and no voicemail. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.