Droid 1 Boot Loop (I've tried everything I can think of to fix it)

Vito2000

Reaction score
My original Droid is stuck in a boot loop where it won't load past the M logo. It loads up, shows the M logo for a little bit, then shuts itself off. This happened after trying to flash a new kernel using kernel manager. At the time I was running CM 7.1.0 Stable with the stock CM7 kernel.

I've searched the various forums and tried everything that I can to fix the issue, but to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can help me pinpoint the issue and fix it.

Things I've tried:
- Wiping the Dalvik cache
- Wiping all data
- Factory reset
- Nandroid restore
- Flashing different CM7 ROMs
- Flashing different kernels
- Formatting my SD card
- Booting without the SD card
- Flashing the stock .sbf files using RSDLite one at a time starting with the most current (FRG83G) and working my way backwards. None of the stock files worked UNTIL I flashed ESE81. ESE81 works fine and is currently loaded onto my phone.

If I allow the OTA update of FRG01B to be installed on top of ESE81 I get the boot loop again.

I read where someone else had an issue with their internal partitions being formatted improperly and I'm wondering if I have a similar issue. I'm also wondering if the ESEXX builds handle internal partitions differently than FRGXXX builds and that's why the ESEXX builds work on my phone when nothing else does.

I should also note that I have never used sbd shell so if the solution requires that tool, it will have to be explained to me.

Any suggestions? Things I haven't tried that I should try?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
V

Vito2000

Reaction score
Try flashing this http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/MasterFRG22Da5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip This a master file from an update. I'm not sure if you flash this in recovery or there is an actual sbf file in the zip that you would extract and flash from the bootloader. I'm downloading it now so I can look at it but if you beat me to it, go for it.

sent from my liberated bionic using tapatalk

Thanks!

I will certainly give this a try. I'm downloading it now at a painfully slow rate, but I'll let you know how it goes.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I will certainly give this a try. I'm downloading it now at a painfully slow rate, but I'll let you know how it goes.

It finally downloaded, no sbf file inside so try flashing in recovery. Make sure to wipe data and cache.

OP
V

Vito2000

Reaction score
Well, I downloaded the file, moved it to my SD card, renamed it "update.zip" and flashed it in recovery after wiping my data and cache. Unfortunately my phone is back to the boot loop. :-(

I appreciate the help though. Any other ideas?

OP
V

Vito2000

Reaction score
Try flashing this http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/MasterFRG22Da5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip This a master file from an update. I'm not sure if you flash this in recovery or there is an actual sbf file in the zip that you would extract and flash from the bootloader. I'm downloading it now so I can look at it but if you beat me to it, go for it.

I spoke too soon! I flashed this file a 2nd time and voila - everything is back to normal! Thanks so much for the help!!!!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's great, glad it worked for ya. Did your phone do an update after installing this?

OP
V

Vito2000

Reaction score
That's great, glad it worked for ya. Did your phone do an update after installing this?

Yep. It did the OTA updates one by one until it was up to the current version. I then re-rooted my phone and did a nandroid restore and everything is back to the way it was from before the boot loop started happening. If I try to flash a new kernel again I'll be more careful to do it properly.

Thanks again for the help.

Reaction score
Stuck in boot loop, blank memory card, was rooted but formatted everything. Does anyone have the software files for this device. I think I messed up and erased everything I wasn't suppose to on this phone. DROID 1. Plz and thanks to anyone that can help..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stuck in boot loop, blank memory card, was rooted but formatted everything. Does anyone have the software files for this device. I think I messed up and erased everything I wasn't suppose to on this phone. DROID 1. Plz and thanks to anyone that can help..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

try using this thread here, it should work to flash a stock rom then re-root