Droid 2 battery problems

maddieeshaii

Reaction score
So I've had my droid for over a month now. The battery barely makes it through the day. And recently, I'll charge it before I go to sleep and i will wake up in the middle of the night to it buzzing uncontrollably and saying it is over heating and it won't charge. Is there anything I can do to make the battery last longer and get it to stop overheating?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can speak to someone in retail regarding a new battery, but I'm not sure it's covered under warranty. Either way, your only option is a new battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get a battery on amazon for $ 5. I bought 2 and they work great. Authentic moto batteries

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Reaction score
Try setting battery manager select nite time saver it helps me out a lot if not u need a new battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Khiraji

Reaction score
If you have to get a new battery, and are willing to invest a little, I'd highly recommend the extended battery. Got mine from Verizon a few months after getting my D2, and it is beastly. I have tried many times to run it down in a day, and the lowest I've gotten is ~40% after about 18 hours of gnarly usage (angry birds, pandora over 3G, pics, texts, browsing, the works).

Reaction score
You guys are ignoring the issue. If something is making it overheat while he's not using it, there's a runaway app somewhere. What apps have you installed? Any task killers or anti virus apps?