B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Yep. Sounds like the signature verification is enabled. Before you choose the update.zip, select toggle verification (orsomething like that) at the bottom it should say "signature verification enabled" or "signature verification disabled".

Once it says disabled then try to flash the "rom".

Just FYI if you going to flash fission (since it's the only rom) there is no need to run the bloat removal script.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Soap

Reaction score
it make sense. really thanks a lot, I got rid of a lot of bloatwares successfully.

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
I've tried both the ROM and bloatware with the verification disabled and it just says installing... and will just keep like that. It freezes at this point. I am forced to boot down by taking the battery out. I am getting frustrated lol.

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
That is very odd. Sounds like an issues with clockwork, if no ROMs are working. It is possible that all the utilities are not in the recovery /sbin.

Firt I would try to uninstall D2 Bootloader and then reinstall it.

If that doesn't work you might try this:
Download and install ROM manager from the market. Open, and grant it superuser permission. Then choose, flash clockwork recovery (the top option). It will ask what phone you have, select D2. Since the D2G (and D2/DX) have the locked bootloaders, this wont actually flash recovery, rather it creates (or downloads, i'm not sure which) an update.zip to /sdcard/Update.zip.

Now, using D2 Bootloader, boot into clockwork and try to flash /sdcard/Update.zip. This update is made by Koush, as is ROM manager and D2 Bootloader, so if any "ROM" will flash, this one should (at least according to my sometimes flawed logic it should)

Do not use ROM Manager to download and install any other ROMs on your D2G, the ROM's it lists are for a D2 only.

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
Neither suggestion worked... it gets 1/3 of the way through the install and freezes. The update.zip gets to the clockwork mod screen with the box and android and shows only a gray bar.

Any other ideas?

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. I think this question is worth a new thread.

Title it something like "Clockwork Recovery Won't Flash any ROM's"

I see you've been looking into sbf as well, any luck there?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ickuriss

Reaction score
Hey guys!!! This forum rox BTW!!!! I had a question about the whole bloatware removal.....can this work for a R2D2 droid 2?? or is it just for the Global?? don't want to mess things up you know. ;)

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Theoretically, if the R2D2 has all the same apps as either the DX or the D2G, then it should work. If you dont, have the same apps then it will only remove the ones you do have. I've tested it on the DX and the D2G, it is possible that also works on the D2, Droid Pro and R2D2.

Check your /system/apps folder for the apps on the list, the most likely issues that may arise are the name of Vznavigator and Amazon Kindle (the names seem to differ between phones).

If you do choose to try it, let me know if it works.

Good Luck.

ickuriss

Reaction score
Hey thanx for the feedback man!!! I ended up have sum major clunky gliches with my r2d2 and so luckily it hadn't been 30dayz yet, otherwise verzion wub of sent me a referb!! Yeah so soon as I get the newie tomorrow or soo, im gonna give this a shot!!! But fersures, thanx again!! Ill letcha know what it "does"

cdonohue

Reaction score
just a quick question on this...how noticeable is the battery life gain from this cause the d2g battery blows

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
In my opinion...If the only reason you're rooting is to remove the bloatware, it's probably not worth it.

That being said, I feel like the phone is faster, and that the battery lasts longer, but by how much...I have no idea.

tony_g

Reaction score
@buryboi,

could step 9 in your your original post be written as a part of the script itself, with the final -rm replaced with -$1? Then running the script with an argument rm or add would perform the required finction?

Or is there a problem with the su command in the script body etc?

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
The first part of Step 9 is only done the first time you install the script (everything except the last line "bloat -rm"). It cant be done as part of the script because it is what makes the script executable.

As far as arguments go, the script has two (it actually has three, but the third one uninstalls it the script so it is unlisted). Once installed as in step 9 (but skipping the last command "bloat -rm") type "bloat" and hit enter to list the arguments.

bloat -rm
removes the bloatware

bloat -add
puts it back.

And yes, there do appear to be issues running su in a script (but I'm not the most knowledgeable on scripts, so there might be a workaround).

Let me know if I completely misunderstood your question.

Also if you've got the Clockwork Bootloader setup, it is easier to flash the script as an update.zip, this will remove the bloatware and install the script in one fell swoop. To get the bloatware back, flash it again, or open terminal and type "bloat -add."

tony_g

Reaction score
Ah, yes; it only has to be run once when installing the script... I missed that part.

I just thought that having a script would make the operation less prone to typos and other 'disasters'.

I modified the script a bit by removing some of the apps I do use (Kindle, MyVZ etc) and run it, but, a bit worryingly, got a :applet not found message. I have no idea which of the applets i wanted to rename was not on my system... I find the Android U*x version surprisingly crippled; I tried do run a series of commands like these

$su
#cd /
#find . -name "*.bak"

but got

find: not found...

what??? Then I tried

#ls -ltR

and got

-ltR: No such file or directory, although

#ls -R

worked.

How the heck can I find on this crippled system what *.bak files are present? There is no grep, no pg, no more...