Droid 2 Last of the QWERTY sliders before the "touchscreen-only" reverse evolution?

DroidDryad

Reaction score
Seems I'm part of a disappearing species - I prefer horizontal QWERTY phones...am I weird? :blink:

Simply feels like it, because there are no new ones out there...almost everyone uses touchscreen-only-phones, a lot of them not even horizontal/virtual keyboard/thumbs, but in "one finger stab mode" : looks to me like evolution gone backwards.

Anyway, I find Droid2Global a really impression, solid phone, though quite old now.

Not much posts in the Droid2 section for a while; is there someone sharing (or opposing) my thoughts or excitement for it? :)

JP 5.56

Reaction score
when we first got android phones at work, everyone was used to Blackberries. We made a decision to bring in androids with sliding keyboards to help with tactile familiarity... within the first year everyone had converted to using the touch screen keyboards.

an endangered species indeed! lol

OP
DroidDryad

DroidDryad

Reaction score
"...we caught our first glimpse of what we believe to be the DROID 5 from Motorola. There have been many readers who continually hope to see another phone come out with a full-QWERTY keyboard, and finally, their time has come. Or has it? First to be thought a mythical device that could bring honor to the OG DROID’s name, featuring decent specs much like the DROID Ultra or Moto X, a new leak shows that this smartphone is a mere mid-range (could even qualify for low-range in our books) device that may not even come to see the light....."

:) thanks for finding this; makes me feel less weird :)

PS: apart from what I wrote above, that the virtual keyboard CAN be used horizontal, the minority of "the public" does it: most people on the street I see type on their devices holding it with on hand, typing one-fingered with the other...makes me chuckle every time :D

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Who says people are moving to touch screen phones, and forgetting the work horses?
Here's my stallion, still running!
DSCF0932.JPG
I still love the sturdy feel of the D2-A955.