Droid 2 metro pcs or verizon

litodroid

Reaction score
im in florida and i have great verizon coverage and pretty decent metro pcs coverage also so i was wondering which one am i better off with ? , im only considering metro because of cheap plans

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had accounts with VZW and AT&T. PCS is not an option for me so I'm unable to compare or recommend. I can say that I have found VZW to be superior to AT&T! I had VZW for eight years and left to get an iPhone. With AT&T, I dropped more calls in seven months than I did in eight years with VZW.

Monthly fees are a consideration but 3G and phone coverage need to be added to the equation. VZW's 3G is excellent.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I've had accounts with VZW and AT&T. PCS is not an option for me so I'm unable to compare or recommend. I can say that I have found VZW to be superior to AT&T! I had VZW for eight years and left to get an iPhone. With AT&T, I dropped more calls in seven months than I did in eight years with VZW.

Monthly fees are a consideration but 3G and phone coverage need to be added to the equation. VZW's 3G is excellent.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Verizons3g network is everywhere, but the quality of it sucks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nonamedude

Reaction score
I haven't personally had metro but I know a number of people who have. I live in central fl and there call quality and reception seems to be good. I no all the major cities like tampa orlando miami jacksonville tallahassee all have good call service. The main problem I have heard oof is that outside of the major areas the reception drops severely. I knew someone though that said they could talk on the phone going from lakeland to miami. Don't know if they took the turnpike oe the back way through clewiston though.

Unfortunately I know nothing of their 3g

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Verizons3g network is everywhere, but the quality of it sucks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I've not had any issues with VZW's 3G. In fact, in a recent trip to Montreal and back the only time I did not have 3G was when I was in Canada.

piffey

Reaction score
My family has been Verizon customers since the company's official launch in 2000 and with groups that merged into the Verizon network in the 90s before that. I might be a little biased, but I love the Verizon network. Sure they are huge. Sure they try and put every possible restriction on their phones. Sure they're probably going to shaft you for money at some point, but what cellular provider doesn't?

I'm still surprised, consistently, by the places I'm able to receive a 3G connection (2 basement floors down in a public library today). They are the only carrier still offering an unlimited data plan. They are the only carrier with an entirely 3G network. That means that when you're in the woods, falling down drunk, you can still send MMS texts that you'll regret in the morning. They also own 45% of the U.S. cellular market (something to consider with the IN-text/calling plans as well: more people, more free time) and have a network and customer base vastly larger than PCS which means their LTE roll out will be much quicker. They also plan on upgrading ALL of their network to LTE -- which means when you accidentally text that MMS from the woods to your mom instead of your ex-girlfriend it'll arrive even FASTER!

Just my two cents though. I'm biased. I really like sending MMS from the woods and would never go with a provider that didn't give me that singular joy.