Droid 2 Owners Thread

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Official Motorola Droid 2 owners thread! dancedroid Let us know if you are one of the new Droid2 owners.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me want Droid Pro!

I'm going to get CorinaCakes over here to slap you around.:) First post and you're talking about a different phone.

I'm looking forward to getting one in September, (Droid 2) my wife doesn't know this yet. Then I'll put my rooted Droid up for sale on ebay.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just bought me a droid 2 off of verizon it took about 4 hours of talking to a verizon Rep to use a promotional offer rule the air offer i got to buy the droid X/Droid Incredible but after talking to the rep & i STARTED TO DROP THE WORDS SAYING i MIGHT GO TO SPRINT TO GET THE EVO THE VERIZON REP APPROVED MY EARLY UPGRADE TO THE DROID 2 COST ME 200$ but I WILL HAVE IT IN 5 DAYS i CHOSE THE 5 day shipping.I did this due to the fact that I still have my droid 1 & I figure That may give the devs a few days to fool around with is

belome

Reaction score
Mine is currently in Memphis TN... according to FedEx. It is my first droid phone and I'm pretty excited.

LT*

Reaction score
Just picked up one for my wife for her birthday. Charging now. Very nice feel to the phone, and the keyboard is a definite improvement.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting one in September, (Droid 2) my wife doesn't know this yet.
You might have to use a Jedi Mind Trick on her ;)

I will be going to VZW for lunch to try some D2 FroYo (eat in) I am not taking one home...there is no Jedi Mind Trick that would work on my wife :p

I just want to play with one for thirty minutes

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats LT, your one of the first on the forum to actually pick one up :)

Just picked up one for my wife for her birthday. Charging now. Very nice feel to the phone, and the keyboard is a definite improvement.

LT*

Reaction score

Thanks! I was there at 8 when they opened and was 5th in line. Four of the others were looking for the D2 as well. Unfortunately I can't play with it yet. I want my wife to go through the sign in process and set up so she knows what she's doing with it. It's very tempting to use it though.

evilsock

Reaction score
I was at vzw at 9 waiting on them to open. Got my d1 day it came out and wasavilable for a discount, 320 ..sweeeeeeeeeet. moto blur isn't as intrusive as on x and devour, u can just kinda not use it if u don't want, love built in apps, swype,battery saver,flash. Man from having a d1 since its birthday this feels like the phone should have. Loooooove it. Plz can has root now kthxbyedancedroid

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Comments on the keyboard? Is it a significant improvement? Does is make it worth it to upgrade from the D1 or should I just wait a couple months for the DPro?

xandor

Reaction score
I'll be picking up one at lunchtime as an early upgrade offer from vzw. I already have a good home prepared for my D1.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score

Thanks! I was there at 8 when they opened and was 5th in line. Four of the others were looking for the D2 as well. Unfortunately I can't play with it yet. I want my wife to go through the sign in process and set up so she knows what she's doing with it. It's very tempting to use it though.

Nice, I bet thats hard not to play with... I'll have mine friday hopefully in the AM.

evilsock

Reaction score
Has anyone even seen the droid pro? I say get the d2 keyboard is a thousand times better than d1 its staggered like a real keyboard
PHP: